Las Positas Updates
8/11/22 Volume 2 (2)
You should be receiving this message on your cell and email. If you are not, please update both of those information on Aeries.
Welcome back~ It's going to be a great year!!!
Welcome to 2022-23 school year! School starts on Monday, the 15th.
Our theme this is year is "One World, Many Stories." Each of us are the way we are because we all have our stories that made us the way we are. Each day we continue to build our stories.
I hope your summer added wonderful stories to your life; we can't wait to hear all about it. :)
As an IB school, we celebrate an attribute every month. We start this month with the IB Learner Profile of being "principled." Please watch the video below with your child and discuss the video.
On the first day of school,
- Send your children with their Classroom Placement Letters.
- If you have young children, please make sure they know their first and last names. Simply practice with them by asking for their names.
- Give them a hug and trust us that they will have lots of fun.
- TK & late Kinder students start at 9:10 (8:40 for breakfast).
- Early K - 5th grade students start at 8:10 (7:40 for breakfast).
- Do not come earlier than 7:40. Let's keep our children safe by not arriving before the student supervisors.
We look forward to seeing you~
Las Positas has legal traffic parameters during school hours. Please take a look at this map and only drive in from the Sandlewood Ave. side.
First few weeks of school will take longer than usual. Once everyone gets into the pattern of things, it will get better. Please, model being patient and kind.
We encourage 3rd - 5th grade families (w/o little siblings) to join the walker line and meet them up by the stop sign (Sandlewood/Almondwood). Staff members will walk them up and supervise them.
Loading zone Drop Off:
- Please allow your children to get out of the car, once they are in any part of the loading zone. They do not need to wait for anyone to open the door for them. Younger children can wait until they get closer to the front of the school.
- Have your child ready by making sure that they have everything ready to exit on the right side. (Back pack should not be in the trunk)
- Parents, Stay in your car; let's teach our children to be independent.
Pick-up (Please, remain in your cars.)
Drive thru the valet line & display the name paper, (will be provided first week).
Be Patient, Smile, & wave
Siblings at Imperial Middle School (IMS):
We have a table where students with siblings at IMS will be waiting.
If the IMS sibling is walking home, they must have a Walking Home with Older Sibling Permission Form, click here.
ACTION REQUIRED by August 15th: Complete Student Data Confirmation
Save the Date
TK & Kindergarten Orientation
Friday, August 12th
- 9:00 - 11:00 AM
1st day of school
Back to School Night: Do Not bring kids to this event
Tuesday, August 23rd, 2022
- 5:00 - Dinner Sale (PTA)
- 5:30 - 5:50 PM - Principal's Welcome
- 5:55 - 6:25 PM - Session 1
- 6:30 - 7:00 PM - Session 2
Other Important Information
This year, all students will receive free meals.
Open 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM (Essential Business, Please)