The Sherlock's Tot Spot Times
The Tot Spot Early Education Academy
Ms. Alisha's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Katie's Email: email@example.com
Ms. Le Andra's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Instagram: thetotspotschool
We also now have a Youtube Channel: The Tot Spot Early Learning Academy and Pinterest: The Tot Spot Early Education Academy...be sure and follow us!!
Special Events and Birthdays!!
Welcome Evelyn, Sebastian, and Rylan!!
- May 14th: Asher
- June 1st: Ms. Le Andra
-June 15th: Ms. Alisha
- June 19th: Oliver
- June 30th: Israel
May 7 - Picture Day
May 13th-16th: Parent Teacher Conferences - Sign Ups will be up the end of March/beginning of April
May 10 - Muffins with Mom
June 7 - Closed for Family Fun Day!
June 14 - Donuts with Dad
June 17-26th No Ramsey's
July 4th - Closed
Upcoming Zoo-phonics Friends
Vacations and PTO
Who do you contact concerning vacation credit? Asking a teacher will get you no where. Please email Mr. Mike at email@example.com
Family Fun Day!
Friday, June 7th, 3:30-6:30pm
9625 E 150 St, Noblesville, IN 46060
In the Classroom!
Remind Me App: It's a free app that we're using to for simple reminders like show and share, friend of the week, physical due dates, etc. Our class code is 26kh9g
Sensory, Art, Science:
We're going to enjoy Taste Test Tuesday as always! I'm sure they'll be excited to test xylophone snacks, yams, and zucchini. We will also all be making our own zucchini bread!!!! We also have the cool disappearing egg experiment, the yeast experiment, the frozen erupting snow experiment, zebra marble painting, box painting, creating balloon rockets with yarn, water color yarn art, yarn sculptures, and of just plain painting with yarn!
Fine Motor: We'll be cutting stripes to make xylophones, learning tic tac toe, cutting a plate into Xavier Fox, creating treasure maps, creating x-rays, lacing with yarn, continuing to snipe and peel stickers. And they’re still enjoying the rhyming games using clothes pins.
We’ll be discussing measurements as we do our experiments and cooking. We’ll also be continuing our cereal patterns and number recognition with writing. I also know they’re gonna get a kick out of measuring themselves with yarn and yard sticks.
- Please don't forget show and share items for Thursday. You can bring them in anytime before Thursday if you'd like to make sure your kiddo has an item.
- Don't forget to tell your kiddos to wash their hands in the morning at drop off.
Scholastic is done for the summer. We will resume in August. Thanks for all your orders :)
Healthy Start Wisdom From Ms. Alisha
Check out the recipe we'll be trying in class!
The Book Nook
The Monster At The End of This Book
This is one of my all time favorite children's books ever!!! It is so well written and adorable! I love how Grover is talking to the readers throughout the book; it really feels as though you are interacting with him during the story. And his comments and pleas to the readers to stop turning pages is so cute. The kids get more excited as anticipation grows, and we get closer and closer to the end of the book.
I also really love how the message helps to relay that there was nothing to be afraid of the whole time. It's funny how kids will naturally empathize with Grover being afraid of monsters. But in a way, they become somewhat empowered as the readers who keep turning the pages. And the ending does such a great job of giving a warm reassuring feeling that everything is fine, and Grover was silly to be scared (because spoiler alert: he's the monster at the end of the book).
The Parent's Spotlight
Thank you to all the parents for donations toward Teacher Appreciation week!
Remember there is a suggestion box in the lobby, and we love to hear about ideas to enhance the learning environment for your children.
Bringing in donations of items anytime we ask...you guys rock!!
Thank you for signing up for items for Family Fun Day!
Would you like to donate?
We could use:
- Shoes (all sizes) for back ups for when kiddos have accidents
- Shoe boxes with lids
- Storage boxes
- Clear plastic jars with lids ie mayonnaise
- Is there ever a time when you say to yourself, " I wonder if The Tot Spot would want this"? We could use it in so many ways. You may have babies, but the whole school is yours. Everything can turn into a sensory activity or learning experience. So, before you throw out your junk, ask your teacher if it could be used
The Teacher's Spotlight
What's one movie you can practically quote from start to finish?
- Ms. Alisha: Dirty Dancing..."Nobody puts baby in a corner" and Sandlot "You're killing me Smalls"
- Ms. Maggie: The movies that I can quote from beginning to end are planes trains and automobiles, when the game stands tall and billy Madison
- Mr. Mike: Forest Gump or Pulp Fiction
- Ms. Le Andra: Sweet Home Alabama...my all time favorite movie
- Ms. Katie: Without a Paddle or SuperTroopers
- Ms. Crystal: Rent, Brown Sugar, 10 Things I hate about You,
Ms. Rachel: Oh my goodness, so many random movies! Lilo and Stitch, Master of Disguise, Princess Bride, and The Count of Monte Cristo, to name a few.
- Ms. Erin: I can’t pick just one. I am a movie fantastic and own over 1,000 films. But I can say I frequently find myself quoting anything written/directed by Quentin Tarantino
Ms. Kelsey: I wanna say Transformers but that's such an odd thing. At the end he says "I am Optimus Prime" haha