St. Louis Catholic High School
Thursday, May 7, 2020
Halo Highlight: Class of 2020 Graduation Set for May 27 at Cougar Stadium
We are pleased to announce that Commencement ceremonies for the Class of 2020 will take place Wednesday, May 27, at 7 p.m. in Cougar Stadium, located at the corner of First Avenue and Fifth Street, according to the Office of Catholic Schools for the Diocese of Lake Charles and St. Louis Catholic.
Plans are subject to change depending on Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards’ timeline for safety regulations. Initial details were sent to graduates and their families Thursday morning, and more specific details will follow.
We will combine graduation with Senior Honors Night, so it is vital for seniors to turn in the Senior Data sheet with all relevant documentation to the Counseling Office by Wednesday, May 13th so we can honor your achievements. We can't wait to celebrate with you!
Future Saints/Enrollment Updates
If you have a current student & have not yet completed their re-enrollment but intend to return in the fall, please email Heather Ieyoub. Student numbers are needed to determine class sizes!
"Freaks And Geeks" Set For Virtual Premiere Tonight!
Sign Up for Saints Volleyball Updates!
Academic Updates & Course Verifications
· AP Exams begin on Monday, May 11. Check your test date and time. Good luck!
· See the April 30th email and AP® Students for more support materials.
· Return your computer on May 22, when AP® exams are complete. Please attend the underclassmen checkout time on May 19 to pick up other important items, and you may return your computer then if your exams are finished.
Dual Enrollment Updates
Please note the procedures to enroll in the SLCHS Dual Enrollment program for 2020-2021 school year. Note McNeese’s adjusted guidelines for Summer/Fall 2020 enrollment in response to the Department of Education’s score recommendations:
· Research your planned degree program at your future college to make sure our course offerings meet your needs.
· Apply online through McNeese here. The scores embedded here are prior to Coronavirus; refer to the new score requirements under “Admission Requirements – Summer/Fall 2020 with COVID-19 Updates” here. Students no longer need to meet the composite score requirement.
· Complete the new Course Enrollment Request Form.
· Send ACT scores to McNeese. The next National ACT dates as of now are June 13 and July 18.
· See the new Accuplacer Testing Requirements here. Accuplacer costs $10; students can request their scores to be sent to other universities.
· Expect to pay $300 per course plus additional lab fees at the start of the school year. Art 251 lab fees are $10, and all math courses included a $50 lab fee. These fees are subject to change based on semester course needs.
Stay tuned for news on course verification distribution! The sheets will be completed soon.