TCMBA CHILDREN SUMMER CAMP
JULY 10-14, 2023
TCMBA Children Summer Camp
Monday, July 10th, 3pm to Friday, July 14th, 11am
2372 30th Avenue
Registration and check-in is from 3:00-4:45 pm on the first day of camp. Please do not arrive before 3:00 pm. Our staff will direct you as you arrive where to go. The first evening meal is served at 5:00 pm. To have a smooth start to the camp week, we prefer all campers to arrive on time. However, if you can absolutely not check in by 5:00 pm, please call Zong Heng at (763) 742-2421 in advance to make plans. If a camper has not arrived by the end of check-in, they will be contacted by our administrative staff following the conclusion of check-in.
Camp concludes at 10:45 AM following the closing Chapel session.
All those authorized to pick up campers must check in with staff as they arrive. Pick up person must show a photo ID to staff and pick up check-out tickets for each camper they are getting. Changes in pick-up person must be made in advance with the camp director (Zong). Early pick-ups are discouraged and should be considered only in extreme circumstances. If necessary, arrangements can be made in advance with the camp director.
The camp fee covers your t-shirt, food, lodge, and learning materials.
**Each church must provide 1 chaperone to 7 children. Chaperone must be over 18 years of age.**
Deadline to register - June 2, 2023: $260 for campers and chaperones
Registration after June 2: $280
Deadline open to camp staff volunteers:
$100 for camp counselors (must be 18+), assistant counselors (high school students), lifeguard, nurse, worship leader, and teachers
We are in need of the following:
- Camp nurse: someone who loves caring for children, establishes and organizes a health care center, treats minor injuries, organizes and dispenses medications, and must be able to assess medical needs quickly
- Worship leader: The Worship Leader is responsible for the coordination of all aspects of camp chapel services. The Worship Leader accomplishes this by developing worship team members (utilize camp staff), planning and leading worship sets (fun camp songs, too), planning and collaborating with staff on other aspects of chapel services, and by coordinating with camp speakers. The Worship Leader is also responsible to assist with general program duties and with cabin leading duties.
- Camp Counselors (must be 18+): provide spiritual leadership to a small group (up to 9) of campers, supervise campers participating in structured and unstructured activities, is responsible for the management of all campers within their assigned cabin, and to interact appropriately with campers in a variety of situations. Model a commitment to the Christian faith and demonstrate patience, enthusiasm, self-control and a sense of humor with campers.
- Assistant Counselors (high school students): assist the assigned counselor with the children, be flexible, fun and energetic, love and care for the children, and set a Christ-like example to the campers.
- Lifeguard: current Red Cross (or equivalent) Lifeguard Certification, first aid and CPR certification is a big plus, previous experience as a lifeguard with knowledge of aquatic rescue and safety techniques preferred, ensure camper safety in and out of the water at ALL times, responsible, enthusiastic, and carry out duties assigned by camp director
Please mark in your calendar the following dates.
1) Thursday evening of June 15 - Saturday afternoon of June 17: for all camp volunteer staff
2) Saturday, July 8 - Sunday, July 9 - all staff on deck: camp set up and get ready to receive the campers on Monday, July 10.
**For the safety of the campers, all volunteers and chaperones must submit to a background check.**
ABOUT ZONG HENG
Zong is an accomplished teacher, wife, and a mother who adores her family. She has been serving in ministries for the past 29 years. God has gifted her with a heart for children ministry since she was a college student. She is serving alongside her husband at Twin Cities Hmong Baptist Church as Sunday School director, children ministry director, and wearing other hats as needed. She has a heart to see children grow up to own their faith and live a Christ-centered lifestyle because they love the Lord with all of their heart, soul, and mind. Zong also finds joy in doing mission trips and organizing and leading mission teams to further God’s kingdom.
Feel free to contact Zong Heng for any questions concerning camp.