Week 9, Monday 24 June
Well, last week was a doozy. The incident with Judy certainly did give us a jolt and I would like to thank all of you for the support, understanding and kindness you showed that day. Judy's words were: the staff are amazing!
We also farewelled Pete last week and it was great to see him so happy and content with what lays ahead. He will be missed! I know that Linda Ryan has spoken to him about proposed dates for a proper farewell later in the year when his retirement date comes up.
As you know, we have also had some difficult family events occur with some of our kids. They are acting out at school, if you are ever unsure about what to do - see Cathy Llewellyn.
I must say I'm glad this terms over! I want to personally thank Cathy L for the great job she has done in my absence over this term. She did tell me the week before last that the only thing she hadnt done on her acting Principal days was call an ambulance - and then lats wedbesday came....
Next term our PL focus will be on English syllabus implementation, fasten your seatblets!
If you want something included in the memo - please email it to me by 3:30pm the Friday before.
This memo will also be emailed to your DET address every Monday morning.
Best Bets from last week - well done!
- Farewell to Peter last week - he is now in Rome, doing as romans do!
- Thank you to the staff who attended the disco to help supervision. Kids and parents both love seeing you there, so do I!
- Our Woolies BBQ Sundays continue. Well done to KP who ran it yesterday.
- Field events done and dusted - well done Linda D and Pauline on the organisation
- P&C had another paperless meeting last week - thansk to Lauren for setting up the ipads for the meeting
- We now have 4 walkie talkies and 2 big eskys for school use. Thannk you Linda R for going and getting these things at tweed.
SDD: Monday 15 July. Staff meeting from 9-10 then the rest of teh day will be spent on English syllabus implemenattion with a break for mornig 5ea c and for lunch. Bring a plate to share for morning tea.
NOTES HOME: If you are sending a note home it must go via executive and a copy must be sent to the office.
CAPA: this week we will have Graeme Townsend for two days and then Lewis Morosini for the next two filling Pete's shoes. Next Term Jan Daly will be here doing CAPA.
Casuals: If you are a casual, please make sure you sign in and write your casual number next to your signature. If you are away, please make sure when you ring the executive that you tell her what type of leave you are taking - Sick, FACS etc.
What's happening in Week 9
Monday 24 June:
- 3 Year 6 studnets visiting Griffith Uni
Tuesday 25 June
- Athletics Carnival at Raiders
Wednesday 26 June:
- Year 1 and 2 Excursion to Tropical Fruit World
- State of Origin...
Thursday 27 June:
- Report cards sent home
- Dee away
Friday 28 June:
- Last day Term 2
- Bookclub in the staffroom after school. all books $2 all wlecome
Coming Up in Term 3, week 1
- Monday 15 July: SDD - English syllabus implementation.
- Cabarita Sports Club 50th anniversary: choir, dancers and drums on Thursday 18th July.
- all exec - Cath, Linda C, Cathy L, Pauline and Lauren at feedback conference in Brisbane on Thursday 18 july and Friday 19 July