Together in Learning and Faith
October 6, 2019
Orange Shirt Day
Round 1 Power Options
We are looking for parents to join the fun and offer an option in December and repeat it in January. The Power Option will occur on the early Wednesday from 12:45pm to 2:00pm for 75 minutes. If you have a passion, talent, interest or desire to share, please contact Mme Gravelle at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will gladly work with you to bring your gifts to OLA children. Children adore having parents part of the learning process!
Meet Nathan, the Newest Blue Jay!
Join us for READ-IN Month!
Read-in Week is October 7-11 and this year's theme is "Celebrate with Stories."
We always love every and any reason to celebrate reading, so we have expanded Read-in Week to Read-in Month!
During the Month of October we are inviting you and your loved ones to come in and take a few moments (like 30 minutes) to share your favourite picture book with our students.
We are looking for Moms, Dads, Babas, Guidos, Aunties, Uncles, (you get the point) to share their love of learning and favourite books. We welcome you to join us for READ-IN.
Please contact Mrs. Wagner via email email@example.com for any questions and to arrange a time to share your favs with children and help spread a love of reading!
Thank you to our guests who have already signed up to share their love of reading!
Dress as Your Favourite Storybook Character
OLA's Annual Terry Fox Run
OLA School Council News
LAST CHANCE TO ORDER HOT LUNCH THIS FALL!
We have heard from many families that they missed the Hot Lunch deadline for Session 1 . . . so we are happy to share that the site will be re-opened until Tuesday, October 8th at 8:00pm!
If you have any questions, concerns, or would like to volunteer to deliver hot lunch from about 12:00 - 12:15 pm, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance for your help, we truly appreciate you.
OLA SC HOT LUNCH COMMITTEE
2018 - 2019 Yearbooks
Annual Poinsettia Sale Volunteers Needed
Last year the OLA SC Poinsettia Sale was one of the most profitable fundraisers of the year. Your Fundraising Committee is looking for volunteers to help take orders at OLA Parish on the following dates for about 15 minutes before and after Mass:
- Saturday, November 2nd 5:15 pm Mass
- Sunday, November 3rd 9:00 am Mass & 11:00 am Mass
- Saturday, November 9th 5:15 pm Mass
- Sunday, November 10th 9:00 am Mass & 11:00 am Mass
If you are able to share your time please email the OLA School Council at: email@example.com.
Parent's Night Out
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 2nd 6:00 pm.
Gather your friends and come to our Adults Only event to help us get the playgrounds built!!
There will be...
- A DJ who will be taking requests!
- Door Prizes!!
- BIG auction items!!
- Plus you can call The Bears Den to book a table for your group in advance!
Tickets are $20/person and 100% of the proceeds go toward our goal of building the playgrounds for our students!!
To order your tickets you can email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 780-722-4442 or contact us on Facebook. More ordering and payment options may become available soon.
Thank you for spreading the word to your friends, family, coworkers and neighbours!
OLA Parish News
This Week Around OLA
Looking Ahead . . .
Monday, October 7
Faith in Action Assemby 12:30 pm - please join us!
Mrs. Turenne reads with our M/W Kinders - Celebrating Stories
Tuesday, October 8
- Mrs. Dul reads with 3/4V - Celebrating Stories!
- Milk Delivery for student who pre-ordered (will continue every Tuesday)
- Student Leadership Squad meeting for Grade 4 at lunch
- Safely on Board Bus Presentation for our Pre-K/Kinder T/Th Class
- Circle of Security Parenting Workshop continues at 6:30 pm
- HOT LUNCH DEADLINE for Session 1 orders
Wednesday, October 9
- Mme Gravelle reads with 1/2KS and 2C - Celebrating Stories!
- Safely on Board Bus Presentation for our M/W Kinders
Thursday, October 10
- Milk delivery for students who pre-ordered (will continue every Thursday)
Friday, October 11
- NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS - Staff Professional Development Day
Saturday, October 12
- First Reconciliation Class 10:00 am at OLA Church
Monday, October 14
- Thanksgiving Day - NO SCHOOL
Tuesday, October 15
- Thanksgiving Mass at 9:00AM in OLA Gym. All are welcome!
and a Little Further Ahead . . .
October 15 Thanksgiving Mass 9:00 am at OLA School - new date & time
October 15 Circle of Security at OLA - Continued
October 16 Alberta Opera Presents Sleeping Beauty 9:30am at St. John XXIII School
October 16 Booster Juice Lunch (by pre-order only)
October 17 Lifetouch Picture Day
October 17 OLA School Council Meeting 7:00 pm
October 19 First Reconciliation Class 10:00 am at OLA Church
October 21 Federal Election Day
October 25 OLA School Council 2nd Annual Family Halloween Dance!
October 26 First Reconciliation Celebration 10:00 am at OLA Church
To see what is coming even further ahead, please visit our website calendar.
You can check out our M/W Kinder calendar here,
and our Pre-K AM calendar here.