CHRIST THE KING SCHOOL NEWS NOTES
January 12, 2016
FOURTH GRADE SPORTS "FAITH" IN INDOOR SOCCER
PTO OFFICER ELECTIONS
It's election time! Please send nominations to Megan Stephens (email@example.com) by January 29th for the following open positions for the 2016-17 school year. Please also email Megan if you are interested in becoming more involved in the PTO.
1. President Elect
4. Used uniforms
5. Homeroom Parent coordinator
WINTER COAT DRIVE
“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.” -Mother Teresa
CKS HELPS LEXINGTON CHILDREN
Happy New Year,
I do hope the Christ The King families had a joyous Christmas. Thanks so much for the wonderful clothing CKS collected to benefit our Fayette County elementary students that come to the Lexington Woman's Club Clothing Center for help.
You are so generous. On behalf of the members of our club, thank you for your thoughtfulness.
Judy Mathis, Lexington Woman's Club
KING'S CLOSET SPRING CONSIGNMENT SALE
GIRLS ON THE RUN
Girls on the Run Spring season will begin in February! Online Registration opens January 18th. Girls on the Run is a transformational physical activity based on positive youth development for girls in grades third through fifth. We teach life skills through interactive lessons and running games. The sessions are embedded with a self-esteem enhancing curriculum and uplifting workouts in preparation for the 5K running event. The benefits of the program include a stronger sense of identity, a greater acceptance of self, a healthier body image, and an appreciation of being part of a positive team.
We will practice Wednesdays and Thursdays after school.
Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Get your candygrams now! $1each or $20/class. If you purchase for the class, we will fill them out for you. Please be sure to specify class/grade and what you want on the “from” line. Firm DEADLINE for your order is MONDAY, February 8th. Visit http://ctkschool.net/cks/parents/webnotes for the order forms.
Please send orders to the office - Candygrams, ATTN: Jill Johnson
Thank you for supporting the 8th graders in their efforts to fundraiser for their trip to Washington, D.C!
CATECHESIS FOR CHILDREN
Cathedral of Christ the King
Director of Advancement
The Cathedral of Christ the King seeks a full-time Director of Advancement who is a practicing Catholic and is committed to the ministry of the Catholic Church and the spirituality of discipleship. The Director of Advancement is responsible for cultivating an atmosphere of giving within our cathedral parish and school community and the community at-large for the purpose of increasing resources available to fulfill the parish mission.
· Experience identifying and cultivating relationships with potential donors using a moves management style of prospecting.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Experience closing major gifts.
· Demonstrated effectiveness as a leader with strong organizational skills.
· Experience in the cultivation of volunteers and working with a volunteer team.
· Experience with all aspects of development: annual giving, corporate giving, planned gifts, grant writing and capital and endowment experience preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
· Ability to work in a confidential donor based environment.
· Practicing Catholic committed to the ministry of the Catholic Church.
· A minimum of 3-5 years of progressive, effective experience as a development professional with an established relationship portfolio.
· A deep understanding of the concept of Catholic Stewardship with the ability to teach and guide the Parish.
· CFRE Certification preferred (Certified Fundraising Executive).
Please visit www.cathedralctk.org for full job description.
Submit resumes to:
Cathedral of Christ the King,
Roman Catholic Church
Attn: Rev. Paul Prabell, Rector
299 Colony Blvd.
Lexington, KY 40502-2322
Or by e-mail with subject line “Director of Advancement” to email@example.com
MKS Car, Cash and More Raffle Sponsored by the Healy Family McDonald’s: Purchase your ticket now at LCHS to win $25,000 CASH or a 2016 Chrysler on Nicholasville Jeep Renegade Latitude! Drawing will be held at the conclusion of the Live Auction at Mid-Knight Stakes on Saturday, February 6th. One more Early Bird Drawing for $1000 CASH will be held on Friday, January 15th. For more information, or if you would like to join us at Mid-Knight Stakes 2016, please visit http://www.lexingtoncatholic.com/MKSinfo.html
Air + Space Academy: Completed applications will be accepted through January 29, 2016. The application is attached. For more information, please visit www.lexingtoncatholic.com/airspace
LC Dance Team Youth Clinic: Friday, January 22, 2016. Ages 4-14 are invited. Half-time performance at the varsity basketball game following the clinic. For more information, please see the attached flyer.
SAVE THE DATES
January 18 - No School - MLK Day
January 22 - Parochial School's Parent Dance CKS Gym
January 31- February 5th - Catholic School's Week