Of Mice and Men
Character i choose is....Lennie Small!!!
About This Character.
Lennie is a very childish migrant worker. He has a disability that makes him seem childish. Lennie has one dependable friend named George that he is very attached to like his own brother. Lennie has a dream that one day him and George will one day own a farm and live on that farm together happily ever after like a fairy tail! Lennie is like a child he is attached to many simple and delicate things like animals, dresses, and hair but if he gets a hold of any of these items or things it could be a disaster.
Examples and Quotes from Lennie.
- "But not us, George, because I... see, I got you to look after me, but you got me to look after you." This shows that Lennie and George care about each other but Lennie is thankful to have George in his life to take care of him.
- "You said I was your cousin! That was a lie. If I was a relative of yours, I'd shoot myself." This shows that even though Lennie and George fight doesn't mean they don't care.
- "She's pretty. Lennie! Listen to me, God damn it! Don't you even look at her! I don't care what she says or what she does, she's a rat trap if I ever seen one." This shows that Lennie is attracted to women but it could turn out in a disaster if he said something wrong.
- "I don't need no fancy foods like beans with ketchup!" This shows that Lennie is picky about what he eats and what he doesn't eat.
- "George: We're gonna get a little place.
Lennie: Okay, yeah, we're gonna get a little place and w're gonna...
George: We gonna...
George: [Lennie mouths what he says] We're gonna have a cow, and some pigs, and we're gonna have, maybe-maybe, a chicken. Down in the flat, we'll have a little field of...
Lennie: Field of alfalfa for the rabbits.
George: ...for the rabbits.
Lennie: And I get to tend the rab...
Lennie: You damn right, George! You *god* damn right! " This shows that Lennie thinks big about the best for him and George! Lennie wants the absolute best for him and George no matter what.
A Song To Describe Lennie.
Martina McBride - God's Will
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams"
Never give up on something that you dream of. Lennie never wants to give up on his dream of him and George getting a farm together in the future.