September High School Happenings
Here is the registration form and details. The registration form and registration fee must be turned in by noon on the 12th in the Main Office.
Volleyball Car Wash September 8th
Color Run Fundraiser Set for Sunday, September 30th
Gananda's Color Run fundraising event is set for Sunday, September 30th. Registration is now open for the all ages event which benefits Gananda's Girls Varsity Basketball program. Simply fill out the form below and mail it along with your check to Ruben A. Cirillo High School, Attn: Karin Meuwissen, 3195 Wiedrick Rd., Walworth, New York, 14568.
All registrations received before September 16th will be guaranteed a color packet, race bib, and t-shirt.
Date: Sunday, September 30th
Time: 10:00 a.m. - Registration; 11:00 a.m. - Race Starts
Race: 2.5 Mile Course
Cost: $20 if register before September 16th
$25 if register after September 16th
Ages: All Ages Event
Benefit: Proceeds benefit Gananda Girls Varsity Basketball
Blood Drive October 4th
Sign up before hand at the Red Cross website or the day of.
Dual in the Pool Girls Varsity Swim Meet September 22nd
Work Based Learning
Finger Lakes With Their Hands Career Exploration Event is scheduled for October 4th!
"Every year several hundred students and school personnel from all area high schools and BOCES districts attend this exciting event. More than 50 businesses, trade unions, colleges and organizations will provide hands on demonstrations and activities for the students including welding, pole climbing, nail driving competitions, engineering skills, bricklaying, electrical wiring, the actual operation of heavy equipment and much, much MORE!
In addition to Careers in Construction and Skilled Trades, students can learn about Advanced Manufacturing and Alternative Energy. Demonstrations on the importance of working safely in a construction environment are also included in the day. All participants enjoy a science show entitled ‘Physics is Phun!’ Students can participate in a variety of Skilled Trades challenges for the opportunity to win one of 5, $50 Gift Cards. Both the exhibitors and the students have always indicated that this is a great way to learn more about career and educational opportunities in our Finger Lakes area."
Space is limited.
Interested students should see Mrs. Marang in the Guidance Office by September 19th.
Health and Attendance Office News
- NEW this school year...ALL student in grades 9th and 11th are required by New York State Law to have a mandated physical. This exam should be completed by your primary care doctor.
- All students who are looking to participate in a school sponsored sport or requesting a work permit will need to have a current physical on file (within last 12 months).
- Meningococcal Vaccine: 1 dose for students in 9th grade and 12th grade students are required to have 2 doses unless 1st dose was received after 16 years of age.
- Students who would like to participate in sports, please register through www.FamilyID.com - the site can also be found on the Gananda Athletic page
Guidance Office News
SAVE THE DATE: Financial Aid Night Wednesday, September 26 at 7:00 p.m. in the high school library. Please join us as we welcome Joe Bailey, Assistant Dean for Enrollment at Genesee Community College for this informative presentation on all aspects of college financial aid. STUDENT ATTENDANCE IS HIGHLY ENCOURAGED!
We have several opportunities for Gananda students to speak directly with Admissions Counselors from various colleges right here in the guidance office throughout the fall. Visits will be posted on the High School Guidance webpage as they are scheduled: this is open to all grades and students.
Mental Health Counselor, Mrs. Kelleher - firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidance Counselor and Assistant to the Principal, Mrs. Crelley - email@example.com
ID Required to Enter Gananda HS
Ruben A. Cirillo High School is using a visitor management system called Raptor. The system provides an overall safer environment for our students and staff by enabling us to check visitors, contractors, and volunteers in the high school building. All visitors to Ruben A. Cirillo High School will need to present a valid ID to be scanned into the Raptor system.
Schoology is the HS platform for communication
To access your parent Schoology account:
- Go to www.schoology.com and select “Log In” in the top right hand corner. (Do not select “Sign Up”)
- Select “Forgot your password”
- Please enter the email address you have provided to us for contact.
Please contact us (email firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need to change or correct your email address in our system.
Please note - district communications and emergency messages will still be sent via SchoolMessenger. Gananda Central School District sends out notifications to parents via phone, text, and email messages during emergency situations through a software program entitled School Messenger. This system is separate from the Parent Portal system which keeps student records and information such as contacts, grades, and attendance. If your contact information is correct in Parent Portal, but you are still not getting the emergency notifications from the District, please contact Shannon Bergstresser directly at Sbergstresser@gananda.org or 315-986-3521 ext. 2408.
- Labor Day - Offices Closed
- Classes Begin
- ACT Test
- Girls Soccer Team Can Drive
- Girls Volleyball Car Wash 11-4 at the HS
- Picture Day
- Gemini Class Registration at 10
- Mary Green begins in the Health/Attendance Office
- Early Release Day - classes end at 1:20
- Dual in the Pool at 10 at Bath-Haverling
- Financial Aid Night at 7
- Color Run Fundraiser at 11
- Homecoming Week
- Jar Wars through the 5th
- Blood Drive
- Finger Lakes Works with their Hands Event
- Interim Reports
- SAT Test
- No school and offices closed
- All juniors take the PSAT during school hours
- Open House 6:30-8:30