By Erin Stearns
- Michelangelo was born on March 06, 1475 in Caprese, Italy
- He spent most of his life in Florentine, Italy
- When he was 13 he bacame the apprentice of painter Domenico Ghirlandalo in Florentine and he studied sculpture from Bertoldo. ("Michelangelo")
- He attended school but he preffered to skip for drawing lessons. he was a talented young artist, born into a time where new ideas of art were encouraged
- The type of art that he created were paintings, drawings, sculptures and architecture. A few of his works include, Doni Tondo (a painting), Bacchus (a sculpture) and Porta Pia (architecture)
- Some of his patrons are Julius ll, Leo X, Clement Vll, and Paul lll.
The Torment Of Saint Anthony
- The Torment Of Saint Anthony was created between 1487 and 1488
- Technique used was emphatic cross hatching. One of only 4 paintings of Michelangelo that still exists
- I find this piece interesting because the demons are very colorful but viscous
- This piece exemplifies skepticism because the old man in the painting is resisting the temptations of the demons, thus doubting their intentions
- "This painting was created when Michelangelo was only 12 or 13 years old. He made it after he saw a similar image on an engraving that was made by Martin Schongauer."
" The Torment of Saint Anthony by Michelangelo Facts & History." Totally History – Facts About Famous Events & Records of the Past. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Jan. 2013. <http://totallyhistory.com/the-torment-of-saint-anthony/>.