San Marcos Elementary
Weeks of September 23rd & 30th
9/23 Girls on the Run starts for 3rd and 4th
5:30 Mano a Mano Parenting Class in Spanish
9/24 Stephanie to Principal's Council all day
9/25 Girls on the Run starts for 3rd and 4th
3:15 Groundbreaking Ceremony for new park meeting in 202 for student council advisors
9/26 SME Website Training
3:15 Student Council Meeting
9/27 Flag Salute- Student of the Month
Recess Soccer Clinics
9/30 Girls on the Run starts for 3rd and 4th
5:30 Mano a Mano Parenting Class
10/1 9:00 Stephanie to Do
10/2 8:30 ELAC
10/4 Primary Flag Salute
Recess Soccer Clinics
- Quote of the Week-
Also, one of the CELDT testers, a former teacher from Paloma, came by my office to tell me what a lovely school we have, how well behaved the children are and how much she has enjoyed being at our site.
- A parent after finding out, from her son's teacher, that he had bitten another student came to school the next morning with a card and present for the bitee. It was so great to see the support that the parent was giving the school and her reaction to this incident. She consequence her son appropriately and took ownership of the action- WAY to go MOM and Mrs. Wolf for letting mom know.
- Thank you to all teachers (Silas, Leandra, Jamie,Hollie, Christy, Grace, all second grade teachers, our new wheel teachers and Mrs. Harris who was the librarian) who stepped in to help with our substitute shortage this week- we appreciate your flexibility and willingness to take on the last minute change!
- Please come down to sign your attendance sheets on Monday.
- Laminating will take place on Fridays, please include your name with items. We do not like to laminate small cut up items, please leave as whole sheets and then you can cut them out after they are laminated.
- As you begin to schedule fieldtrips, please remember to request Purchase Orders from Lupe one month in advance. If you need help with all the paperwork, please come ask Lupe,
- Emergency cards need to be turned in to Lupe.
- If you have a Math Talks book from last year and would be willing to let other teachers read it this upcoming month, please drop off at my office. We have other teachers who are interested in reading this book and would be grateful if you could lend it out.
WHEEL WEEK AGENDA
- Mindset Study
- Technology Sharing (if you have a good app to share you will have time)
- Math - Update and Best Practice Sharing
2. Technology- SMUSD Cloud & My Big Campus
3. Guided Reading Refresher
- Need ideas for questions stems at different Depths of Knowledge?http://www.stancoe.org/SCOE/iss/common_core/overview/overview_depth_of_knowledge/dok_question_stems.pdf
- Need ideas on how to manage your guided reading groups? Here is how one primary teacher does it. http://mrsjumpsclass.blogspot.ca/search?q=guided+reading
How can we as teachers make learning "more fun"?
Guided Reading Group
Students asking and answering questions on non-fiction text.
Math talk/ model
Teacher model on how to explain their thinking in answering the question.
3rd grade Writing
Very specific sentence frame paragraph to help students be successful writers the first time.
Nancy Fetzer Informational Writing Graphic Organizer already implemented!
Math sentence frames to support students in explaining their thinking.
Students writing for information
YOU HAVE THE MOST IMPORTANT JOB IN THE WORLD!
New Apps, Tweets, Tech Uses
Best App of the Day: Educreation- a way to show what you know in a fun, creative way.
Education: Changing Our Stuff is Not Enough
FOR FUN: Kid President