The Principal's Message
Crossroads South Middle School
December 22nd, 2017
FROM THE PRINCIPAL...
'Twas the afternoon prior to break and all through the halls, not a student was stirring, not even a mouse...
With the hallways quiet, it is a nice time to reflect upon this first part of the year. Thank you for all of your support and thank you for sharing your children with us each day. They worked hard in 2017 and we expect the same in 2018. Today, we had a wonderful Winter Concert sampler in an assembly, followed by a day filled with excitement. Then, we were able to wish everyone a wonderful break and a Happy New Year. The same is shared with you. Please enjoy family time and we will see you next year.
- SCHOOL IS BACK IN SESSION ON TUESDAY, JANUARY 2nd!
- ATTENDANCE REMINDERS: Daily attendance in school is a critical factor in the success of your child. Please do your best to minimize the number of days your child is absent from school or is taken out early for appointments. Should your child exceed the number of acceptable days absent as determined by NJ State Law, you will receive a letter from the school.
- IMPORTANT BUS NOTE: Please remember that students are only permitted to ride his/her regular bus home. You cannot go home on another bus. Our busses are full and any additional students has left others without a seat and in a potentially dangerous situation. If your child wishes to go home with another student, you must coordinate either a parent pickup at the school or a parent pickup at your house. **Bus passes can be checked for boarding.** Thank you for your understanding.
- 1/2 - School In Session - Happy 2018!
- 1/8 - BOE Meeting 7pm
- 1/9 - 8th Grade Gettysburg Parent Meeting 6:30pm
- 1/10 - PTO Meeting 7pm
- 1/15 - NO SCHOOL - MLK Jr. Day
- 1/22 - BOE Meeting 7pm
- 1/25 - EARLY RELEASE DAY
- 1/31 - 7th Grade "Middle of the Middle of the Middle Day"
MENTAL WELLNESS SUPPORT
As the second trimester is underway and the holidays are approaching, we would like to take this time to remind parents and students of available mental health resources. We encourage anyone to utilize the staff members available to make certain that students have access to the help that they need.
Staff and locations at CROSSROADS SOUTH where you can find help:
- Guidance Counselors - SPS
- Case Managers - SPS
- School Nurses - Mrs. Duvelsdorf & Mrs. Royer - Health Office
- Bridge Center- School Based Mental Health program for crisis, teen programs, and counseling - Ms. David - SPS
- Principal - Ms. Capes
- Assistant Principals & Dean - Ms. Hinson, Mr. Kmiec, & Mr. Dougherty
If you are experiencing an emergency outside of school, call 911 for immediate assistance. Other resources include:
- 2nd Floor Youth Helpline (24 hour calling and texting for students in crisis): 888-222-2228
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255 (Logic Song)
- Mobile Response (will come to your home within an hour)- 877-652-7624
- Acute Psychiatric Services (Piscataway, part of University Behavioral Healthcare): 855-515-5700
- For additional resources and link to our mental wellness directory, go to the following site: http://www.sbschools.org/departments/student_services/index_nl.php?SEC=10 Click “crisis intervention phone numbers and resources” on the left hand side
Have a safe and happy holiday season!