Wilson Promotes Peace w/o Victory
How it started
- Vladimir Lenin thought the whole war was basically a way to grab land.
- Once he was at a good level of power he exposed Russia's secrets with allies secrets that gave details of dividing there enemies power.
- This was the underline problem that cause the war.
President Wilson's look on war
- President Wilson had a whole different out look.
- He's look on war was peace and freedom.
"Peace without victory"
- He introduced this idea to congress.
- The heart of the Fourteen Points was Wilson's idea "peace without victory".
- Wilson proposed a peace inspired by noble ideals, not greed and vengeance.
- The fourteen points sought to fundamentally change the world promoting openness, encouraging independence and supporting freedom.
- But behind the door they call it the open diplomacy.