Week of October 2nd, 2017
- Rise and Shine - Sign-up for Rise and Shine! We have spots beginning the first week of November! Please take a moment and get your class signed up! Remember to avoid any days your team has extended planning in the morning.
- Attendance- Just a reminder that attendance needs to be taken at 10am each morning. Please set a reminder in some way, as this is a legal requirement.
- Scentsy and lamps- Please remember to turn off scentsys, lamps, etc. when you leave for the evening.
- Teacher of the Year - We are now taking nominations for the 2017-18 Teacher of the Year. Click here for criteria and the nomination form. We would love for you to take the time to nominate a deserving colleague! Many of the questions have been updated/changed, so take a look and nominate a fellow educator! Nominations are due by October 27th.
- Red and Black SuperStars - Red & Black Superstar Nominations are due Friday, October 6th. This is an easy way to nominate a college or learner who go above and beyond. This award is given weekly and spotlighted at Rise and Shine.
- Refrigerator Clean Out- We will be cleaning out the refrigerator in the lounge this week. Please remove anything you would like to keep by Thursday afternoon.
- National Bullying Prevention Month - October is National Bullying Prevention Month. In Coppell ISD, we will wear BLUE tomorrow, Oct. 2nd in observance of National Bullying Awareness Day.
Guided Access for Ipads
Cognitive Strategies for Struggling Learners
Last year we were trained by the Intervention Services Department in cognitive processing strategies and how to identify learner needs. The Intervention Services Department created a Schoology course to help us in this process. Through the RtI process we will be using the documents provided in this course and the corresponding strategies. Please join this course: Intervention Services: Cognitive Strategies for Struggling Learners using the access code N8KSJ-4B5ST.
Ed Foundation Grants
The application may be found below.
The Grant window closes on October 18th.
Week At A Glance
- 5th Grade Collaborative Team Time
- Bullying Awareness- Wear Blue
- 4th Grade Collaborative Team Time
- Kinder Design Day in B201
- 3rd Grade Collaborative Team Time
- 1st Design Day in B201
- National Walk to School Day
- 7:30 am- Kids of Character Breakfast in the Library
- Faculty Meeting/Mary's Shower
- 2nd Grade Collaborative Team Time
- No School Due to Parent Conference Day
- Red and Black SuperStar Nominations Due
*Monday, October 9- Student and Staff Holiday