Week of November 7th, 2016
Ordinary Time | Year C - Week 33 | Sunday, November 13, 2016
Luke 21:5 - 19
While some people were speaking about
how the temple was adorned with costly stones and votive offerings,
Jesus said, “All that you see here—
the days will come when there will not be left
a stone upon another stone that will not be thrown down.”
Then they asked him,
“Teacher, when will this happen?
And what sign will there be when all these things are about to happen?”
He answered, “See that you not be deceived,
for many will come in my name, saying,
‘I am he,’ and ‘The time has come.’
Do not follow them!
When you hear of wars and insurrections,
do not be terrified; for such things must happen first,
but it will not immediately be the end.”
Then he said to them,
“Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.
There will be powerful earthquakes, famines, and plagues from place to place;
and awesome sights and mighty signs will come from the sky.
“Before all this happens, however,
they will seize and persecute you,
they will hand you over to the synagogues and to prisons,
and they will have you led before kings and governors
because of my name.
It will lead to your giving testimony.
Remember, you are not to prepare your defense beforehand,
for I myself shall give you a wisdom in speaking
that all your adversaries will be powerless to resist or refute.
You will even be handed over by parents, brothers, relatives, and friends,
and they will put some of you to death.
You will be hated by all because of my name,
but not a hair on your head will be destroyed.
By your perseverance you will secure your lives."
Blest are the peacemakers
- Explore It! Jesus will be with us even to the end of the world. When we experience difficulties and hatred, He advises us to hold steady to our belief in God and we will find peace.
- Connect It! Even when we cannot predict our future, we can be ready for Jesus to come again by serving God and bringing peace to others.
- Reflect It! As children of God and members of the VEYM, do we allow Jesus in the Eucharist to truly be our source and guidance, or do we let fame, money, and immoralities rule our lives?
- Live It! Our faith tells us the path to peace lies in the way of the Cross and the joy of the Resurrection. This week, do one thing everyday to make peace in your family, school or community.
- Remember It! “By your perseverance you will secure your lives.” (Luke 21:19)
- Activities: He Holds the Future
- TNTT Weekly Gospel Lesson Booklets: ẤU | THIẾU | NGHĨA | HIỆP |
TRIBUTE TO DECEASED VEYM MEMBERS
Ban Âm Thanh Ánh Sáng of Về Đất Hứa VI had put together a special video in remembrance of all the deceased Tuyên Úy, Trợ Úy, Trợ Tá, Huấn Luyện Viên, and Huynh Trưởng within the past six years. Due to some unforeseen difficulties, the video has never surfaced until now. As we approach the month of all souls, Ban Phụng Vụ would like to take the opportunity to showcase the video as we remember all beloved friends of the Vietnamese Eucharistic Youth Movement whom we had known and met at a VEYM event, or worked together through tears and laughters. In the month of November, let us remember and pray for our VEYM members in the US, in Vietnam and around the globe, our friends, family, and all the poor, unfortunate souls.
Follow instruction below to submit names of the deceased TNTT members. Submissions within the last two years are still in the system. For more inquiries, please contact Tr. Nam Phong at firstname.lastname@example.org
VEYM FUNDRAISING DINNER in GEORGIA
Please continue to pray for the success of our Fundraising Dinner tại Miền Đông Nam. If you are in the area, please invite friends and family to come and support our dream and cause. Many thanks!
- Date: Sunday, November 13th, 2016
- Time: 6:00pm
- Location: 5495 Jimmy Carter Blvd, Norcross, GA 30093
Chúc Mừng! Chúc Mừng!
Fr. Francis Xavier Vinh Nguyen
- Ngày Mừng Khẩu Hiệu LÀM VIỆC TÔNG ĐỒ của PT/TNTT/VN/HK
- VEYM National Day of Apostolic Work
sẽ được gởi ra mỗi tuần để mọi thành viên theo dõi các chương trình của Phong Trào.
TNTT Weekly welcomes your interviews, announcements, and stories. If you would like to submit a story or advertisement, first consult our TNTT Weekly Submission Guide and then send your submission to email@example.com.
Click on TNTT Weekly Archive to view past TNTT Weekly articles!
Ban Truyền Thông