Tech Tip Tuesday
Want one-on-one coaching with this tech tool? Just ask!
September 22: How to Search for Publicly Shared Docs, Slides, and Spreadsheets
Searching by file type in Google allows you to refine searches so that you are only finding material in a specific file format. Search for documents (Google Docs, Word), Presentations (Google Slides, PowerPoint), spreadsheets (Google Sheets, Excel), or PDFs. This type of search will lead you or your students to resources you might not have otherwise seen. This is especially helpful for finding educational resources since more and more districts and educators are embracing Google Apps for Education.
- enter site:docs.google.com after your search term
- enter filetype:doc after your search term
To search presentations:
- enter site:docs.google.com/presentation/ after your search term
- enter filetype:ppt after your search term
To search spreadsheets:
- enter site:docs.google.com/spreadsheets/ after your search term
- enter filetype:xls after your search term
To search PDFs:
- enter filetype:pdf after your search term