Sunday, November 19, 2023
Bonlee's Vision: As a school built upon a solid foundation of community support, professional expertise and STUDENT AGENCY, Bonlee School will produce students
whose levels of 21st-century skills are unmatched.
From your PROUD PRINCIPAL....
I could not be prouder of our young scientists who participated in the Bonlee Science Fair! Students came up with innovative ideas and worked hard to test their hypotheses. Well done! The Bonlee winners were:
1st Place: Floating Eggs by Colin Palmer
2nd Place: Dental Health with Eggs by Ms. Suits' Kindergarten Class
3rd Place: The Water Fountain Test by Jesse Ritter
3rd Place: Hidden Messages by Claire Palmer
Pretty Pennies by Madilyn Brown and Lenore Hart
Yummy Growing Bears by Mrs. Edwards’ Kindergarten/1st Grade Class
Turn it Up by Solon Holland
These students will move on to the District Science Fair on Tuesday, December 5.
- Tuesday, November 21
- Zoom PTA Meeting, 6 pm
- Wednesday, November 22-Friday, November 24
- Thanksgiving Holiday No School for Students
- Wednesday, November 28 (Note change in date.)
- Home Basketball Games versus Pollard (4:15-6:30)
- Thursday, November 30
Away Basketball Games at Chatham Middle
- Friday, December 1
- Artist in Residency with Mike Wiley
- Performance by 5th and 7th grades
9:30 - 10:30 7th Grade
10:35 - 11:35. 5th Grade
- Tuesday, December 5
- District Science Fair at Northwood High School
- Thursday, January 11
- Bonlee Spelling Bee
- Wednesday, February 7
- District Spelling Bee at Chatham Central High School
- Progress Report and Report Card Schedule
- Want to know how your student is doing now?
- Contact your school's data manager and request a PowerSchool Parent Portal account to get daily access to your student's current grades, assignments, and attendance.
- More information can be found on the CCS PowerSchool webpage.
- Have you noticed that we have a large rock near our flag pole?
- Craig Whitley, from "Tim Whitley & Grading", found, delivered and positioned Bonlee's first "Rent-a-Rock".
- CLICK HERE to read about our rock.
- Sign-up-genius link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040D48A9AE2DA3F58-44889995-rent#/
- Reach out to Jayme Edwards at email@example.com with any questions.
Free School Breakfast
- All Chatham County Schools students will be offered free breakfast daily.
- Follow CCS School Nutrition on social media for our daily menu updates on Facebook ChathamCoNutrition & Instagram @ccsnutrition.
- Students who do not want breakfast are encouraged to go through the line and get a snack for later in the day.
From the Autism Society of NC
Please join us for some post-Thanksgiving outdoor fun at the Rock Ridge Park in Chatham County (just south of Pittsboro) on Friday, November 24 from 1:00 to 3:00 pm.
Rock Ridge Park is a 52-acre neighborhood park set amongst rolling hills of mature hardwoods. The park features walking trails, a picnic shelter, disc golf course, a natural wood play fort, and an eighty-foot zipline. There is no cost for the zipline.
Please follow the path from the parking lot, past the picnic shelter to the playground/zip line area. We will plan to meet up there.
Rock Ridge Park Address:
1397 Old Sanford Road
Pittsboro, NC 27312
Please reach out to Bonlee teacher, Leah Skrintney (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
- There have been some family and staff concerns about the range in points that students are receiving. We are working to calibrate the number of points given daily per teacher. Right now our daily goal is that each teacher awards 160-200 points.
- Our school uses LiveSchool to share behavior feedback and promote a positive school culture.
- We will be using LIveSchool Recaps to deliver all the information about your child’s behavior via an automatic weekly emails sent to two email addresses entered in Power School.
- Recap emails provide more details and insight into your child’s behaviors during the school day.
- Our school’s focus is on promoting positive behaviors, but you may also see some behaviors recorded for your child that required redirection from their teacher. Please know that recording this behavior is normal and the data is helpful as we work to provide the best educational experience for your child.
- Recaps will deliver to your email every Friday evening between 5-9 pm. To participate in Recaps, you’ll need a LiveSchool Parent Account.
- If you already have a LiveSchool Parent Account, you’ll automatically receive the Recaps emails!
- If you don’t yet have a LiveSchool Parent Account, contact your child's teacher for your student's unique access code. These codes were provided at out Back to School Night and/or sent home with students.
- If you want to talk to your child about their behavior at school, check out some Positive Parenting Tips on this page: https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/childdevelopment/positiveparenting/index.html