Week ending March 20, 2015
Happy Birthday to YOU!
Dates to Remember
Celebrate the Arts - Art Show at WHS, District Honor Choir at WHS to perform at 7:00 PM
Saturday, March 21
Celebrate the Arts - Art Show at WHS
Wednesday, March 25
KC Club at 2:30 in the art room
Bake Sale to benefit the Mitochondrial Foundation **see email from Duvall**
Friday, March 27
End of 3rd Quarter
Last day for Character/Environment surveys to be taken
Monday, March 30 & Tuesday, March 31
NO DRIVE time pull-outs
**Be sure to see below for minor schedule changes**
This Information Applies to EVERYONE... Thanks for reading.
STAAR Writing will take place a week from Monday and Tuesday. Both days consist of students answering editing and revising questions, as well as writing a composition. We will have testing in the fourth grade hall, both computer labs, and the SMART lab. Due to the lab take-over, computer CAMP will be held in 106.
Please review the following:
- Group restroom breaks can be given by the gym or in the 2nd grade hallway.
- Second grade & third grade students, not escorted by their teacher, should be directed to the 2nd grade restroom.
- Please minimize the number of students in the hallway between 8:00 and noon.
- Recess may be taken on the playground, but please do not allow students to go further east (to the right) of the basketball courts.
- There is to be no talking in the hallways. Give all directions and expectations inside of the classroom prior to entering the hallway.
- If your classroom can be heard from any of our testing rooms, please lesson plan accordingly. An exciting group project that requires lots of moving and conversing is fantastic...but not when you are distracting another class during STAAR.
There will be two minor schedule changes:
- CAMP Change: Kinder will attend CAMP from 8:20 to 9:10, and fourth grade will go from 1:30 to 2:20 PM.
- Recess Change: Kinder will go to recess from 12:05 to 12:30, and fourth grade will go from 1:00 to 1:30.
- All other recess, CAMP, lunch, and library schedules will remain the same.