Keep Personal Information Private!
Hints to Protect Yourself
- Treat your passwords like your toothbrush. Don't share it with anyone and change it often.
- Always remember to log off when you have finished using a computer or online device.
- Remember that most websites will record your visit as well as track the websites you visit before and after their website.
- Many websites record the information you provide and keep it for years.
- Many employers and universities use the Internet to screen potential employees & students.
- Tell an adult if anything you read or see makes you feel uncomfortable or upset.