KSD Spring Tech News
Tech Integration News for Kelso Staff Members
Google Academy Classes Continue
Pick and choose which Google workshops to take throughout the year. Registering will add you to an email reminder list, so you'll receive reminders about each session a few days before it takes place. Attend 3 or more classes to receive clock hours.
Class instruction will start promptly at 3:45 and will be held in the KHS Media Center
- March 21st: Google Calendar
Learn how to utilize Google Calendar for sharing, publishing and creating appointments
- April 25th: Apps, Extensions, and Add-Ons for Chrome
Learn how to find and install these mini-programs and tools to add to your Chrome experience. Useful tools will be demonstrated.
- May 23rd: Using Google Draw with Students
Learn how to use Google Draw to create learning tools and allow students to express themselves visually.
Register for class reminders at this site: https://goo.gl/cOKuDl
or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
PLAYDATE: People Learning, Asking whY, Digital Age Teacher Exploration (Staggered Start- Can arrive between 3:00-3:45)
Thursday, April 13th, 3pm
Kelso High School Room C3
Possible Topics include:
- Creating or updating an eBoard
- Exploring and saving Discovery Streaming Resources
- Creating and downloading SMART Notebook Lessons
- Setting up a Google Classroom and Creating Assignments
- Creating HyperDoc Assignments
- Setting up online class resources (GetEpic, ReadTheory, CommonLit, Readworks Digital, Khan Academy, Prodigy Game, Kahoot, Socrative, Nearpod, etc.)
- Creating online Newsletters using Smore- like this one!
- Learning more about Google Drive Tools
- Creating movies in Movie Maker
- The possibilities are endless!
Spring Cleaning- May 3rd
- How to use Windows Explorer to access and organize files on your computer
- How to organize emails by creating folders and contact groups
- How to organize your Internet bookmarks/favorites using bookmarks manager
- Plus, learn several organizational and Windows 7 tips and tricks including how to back your files up to Google Drive
- Leave with a cleaner, more organized computer!
Tech To You: Coming to You
Can't wait for a scheduled session? I can schedule a Tech to You "by appointment" meeting. Just email me and we'll find a time to make it work: email@example.com