InTheLoop @Lumberton BCS
Week of November 9, 2015
Editor Miss Debbie O'Brien, "Carpe Diem!"
This week's Teaching Tool
1. All grades must be in Genesis and posted by November 16, 2015 prior to the close of business.
2. TEACHERS: PLEASE ASK YOUR STUDENTS IF THEY ARE INTERESTED IN PHOTO RETAKES, AND LET KELLY KNOW BY NEXT WEEK IF WE HAVE ANYONE WHO WANTS TO DO IT. THANK YOU!
3. Don't forget to update your gradebook and total your ABC points.
4. The Sunshine Club is back! See below for details and to sign up!
5. Next Wed and Thursday are Parent Conferences, early dismissal for students.
6. The Culinary Arts Pie Sale is Back! See Culinary Arts below for further details.
7. Don't forget to buy tickets to our Harvest Feast! See below for further details!
8. Basketball Try-outs will be held on November 20th during 7th 8th and 9th periods. The requirements for attending try-outs are a sports physical that has been turned in to nurse Rowe in advance, at least a C average in every class and excellent behavior and an exemplary attitude.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
HARVEST FEAST 2015
DIRECTIONS FOR HARVEST FEAST ADMITTANCE:
ALL STAFF MUST PAY THREE DOLLARS AND DONATE A NON-PERISHABLE ITEM TO OUR FOOD DRIVE.
DUE BY NOVEMBER 13th!
Click below for more info:
THE SUNSHINE CLUB IS BACK
Culinary Arts Corner
BCS Lumberton's Annual Food Drive has begun.
The Culinary Arts Thanksgiving Pie Sale is Happening NOW!
Six Dollars a Pie.
Deadline to place orders is November 18th.
Pick up your order on November 25th.
Pies available: Sweet Potato, Pumpkin, Apple (Lattice Top or Crumb Topping) and Cherry Crumb
Fill out an order form today!
Week of 11/9
Friday- pasta with meat sauce garlic bread
We will be closed the remainder of November to do the Harvest Feast and then the Thanksgiving pie sale.
Friendly Reminders on Incident Reporting:
* For Incident reports: In the subject line, include the student's first initial, last name, and date.
* When signing the report, please sign next to the signature box where you type your name.
*Incident reports are legal documents, and have the potential to become court documents. Please remember to do a spelling and grammar check.
*Submit incident reports by 2:30pm.
* Stick to the facts.
*Our suspension list is now on the Message Board. If a student is suspended, teachers will mark the student as absent, and the office will take care of marking it as a suspension.
*ABC Program: Students who wish to cash in their vouchers for fries in Smitty's Café will have to follow the procedure for requesting a meal (i.e. utilizing a voucher, getting approval and scheduling with Ms. Heather in advance).
Attendance - Books - Conduct
Challenge and expect more
Your students need to feel like their brains hurt when leaving your class. Sort of like when you work muscles in the gym and you become sore. Make the work rigorous!
Why should the students be interested in this lesson/activity or project? Make connections that are relevant to their lives.
This is being done well @Lumberton. We know that this piece is critical to reaching the diverse and unique population of students we serve.