The Hercules Newsletter
by: Eleanor E. & Emma G.
All About Me - Hercules And The 12 Labors
Hercules was very strong and Eurystheus the king was very jealous of him so he sent him on the 12 labors.
Hera created the 12 Labors/monsters which Hercules had to kill by himself.
This is a picture of Hercules from the movie, "Hercules".
My Interview with Hercules
by: Emma G. & Eleanor E.
Eleanor: Why did you kill your family?
Hercules:Hera my father's old wife made me angry and insane.
Eleanor: How did you earn god hood?
Hercules: I preformed 12 labors of King Eurystheus of Tiryns and Mycenae.
Eleanor: What was one of those 12 labors?
Hercules: The Nemean Lion
Eleanor: What was that?
Hercules: That was one of the Labors. No one was ever able to kill it because it had
really strong skin so it wouldn't rip or get pierced with anything sharp.
Eleanor: How did you kill the Namean lion?
Hercules: I killed it by making a stone club and wacked it on its head.
Eleanor: What did you do with the body?
Hercules: I tried to cut off the skin but since the skin was so strong it broke my
knife and I had to use the lions own claw to get of all the skin and made a cloak. The funny thing about this is, that when I came out of the lion’s den everyone thought I was the lion.
Eleanor: How many wives did you have?
Hercules: I had two. I accidentally killed Megara my first wife because Hera made me go mad and insane. When I killed her I also killed my children on accident, of course. My second wife cheated on me and she fell in love with another man. My third wife Iole and I are still a happy couple.
Eleanor: Did you have any brothers or sisters?
Hercules: I had one brother named Iphicles and we were actually twins.
Eleanor: What was the hardest Labor out of the 12?
Hercules: there were two that were very difficult the first one was the longest, it was when I had to capture the Cerynean Hide. It is a doe with male deer's antlers. The crazy thing about this was that the antlers were made out of solid gold!! It took me a full year until I actually was able to capture it. The second one was when I had to go down to the underworld and capture Cerberus, the hound of Hades.
Eleanor: Can you tell us how you were able to capture the Cerynean Hide?
Hercules: Sure. I had to chase it for many months until it got tired and fell to the floor. I had to do this because if I hurt the doe in any way I would anger the goddess of hunt, childbirth, and the moon
and I would have probably get killed. I then picked it up and brought it back to Eurystheus.
Eleanor: How were you able to capture the Houd of Hades?
Hercules: I went to the underworld and asked Hades if I could take the Hound and he agreed only if I didn't use any weapons. I walked up to the huge terrifying beast and strangled it in a fierce grip and wrapped it up in my lion skin coat and again brought the beast to Eurystheus.
Eleanor: Thank You Hercules, for sharing to us about your life.
Hercules: No, thank you for having me.
2. Reputation- Derek has a good reputation of being the strongest man in the world for 2013. Hercules' was being a God and being able to capture and kill all of the 12 Labors.
3. Godness- Derek is kind off worshiped as a God because he is so strong and can lift up 8 tires from a car on a metal pole and Hercules is son of Zeus. Plus, Zeus is a very important God.
4. Good looks- Derek and Hercules are both very good looking.
5. Confidence- Derek and Hercules are very confident in what they do because Hercules wasn't afraid of the 12 Labors because if he didn't do it he might have gotten killed. Derek is confident because he picked up around 200 pounds in front of a crowd
and if he messed up he could have gotten hurt or very embarrassed.
2. Hercules is immortal and Derek is not.
3. Hercules is stronger than Derek and any human.
4. Derek's dad isn't a god and isn't important, Hercules' dad is very important because he is Zeus, god of the gods!
5. Hercules captured and killed 12 monsters, Derek was not forced to kill 12 monsters.