POSSIBLE PD EVENT - CTE Options
Programming Options, Resources, and Supports for Districts
Join ODE's Office of Career-Technical Education, Ohio HI-Point Career Center, Apollo Career Center, and Upper Valley Career Center to learn more about CTE options, resources, and supports for all districts.
Workshop Description & Overview
Time: 9:00 am -2:30 pm
Contact Hours: 5.0
ADVANCE REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED!
Overview: This workshop has been designed to provide educators in Miami, Shelby, Logan, Allen, and Hardin counties with an overview of CTE options (local, state, and via their career technical planning district), resources, and supports.
- The afternoon will feature breakout sessions where districts in Miami, Shelby, Logan, Allen, and Hardin counties can learn more about programming, resources, and supports available through their designated career technical planning district (UVCC, Apollo CC, or Ohio HI-Point).
The following topics will be addressed during the workshop:
- ODE Approved Industry Credentials: Options, Funding, & Licensure Considerations
- Legislative Update: Career-Technical Education Deregulation Bill
- Historical Overview of CTE Education & Career Center Structure
- Parent & Community Survey Data on CTE Options
- Local P-3 (Personalized Professional Pathway) Pilot & Lesson Learned
- Essential Details for Local Programs: Advisory Boards, Student Organizations, & More
- Programs, Services, & Resources Available through Your Career Center (Breakout Session)
Faculty/Instructor: Emily Passias, Director, Office of Career-Technical Education; Nancy Luce, Superintendent, Upper Valley Career Center; Rick Smith, Superintendent, Ohio HI-Point; Keith Horner, Superintendent, Apollo Career Center; Jason Haak, Assistant Superintendent, Upper Valley Career Center; and Tonya Ramey, High School Director, Ohio HI-Point Career Center.
Registration Fee = $0 - **No Cost
**Cancellation Fee Applies if Cancellation Policy is not Followed - See Below
Our Cancellation Policy - Cancellations must be received by Kim Leach at Kleach@mresc.org by May 25, 2019 at 3:00 pm. Cancellations received outside of this policy will not be accepted. Attendees failing to cancel by TBD will be billed $10 (per person) to cover the cost of the meal.
8:30 am - Check-In & Networking
9:00 am - Welcome & Introductions
9:15 am - CTE 101: Background & Historical Overview - ODE
- Career Centers & Planning Districts: Historical Overview
- Parent & Community Survey Data
- Future of Career Technical Education in Ohio
10:15 am - Break
10:30 am - ODE Approved Credentials: Options, Licensure, & Funding - ODE
11:10 am - Local P-3 (Personalized Professional Pathway) Pilot & Lesson Learned - Rick Smith, Ohio HI-Point
11:30 am - Legislative Update: CTE Deregulation Bill - Nancy Luce, UVCC
12:00 pm - Lunch (Provided)
12:30 pm - Career Center Breakout Sessions
Overview: Each breakout session will provide an overview of programs, services, and resources available through your career planning district.
- Group A - Upper Valley Career Center Districts (Room: High School Media Center)
- Group B - Ohio HI-Point Career Center (Room: High School Auditorium)
- Group C - Apollo Career Center (Room: Board Room)
2:30 pm - Wrap Up & Evaluation
Midwest Regional Educational Service Center
Our Vision/Mission: The Midwest Regional Educational Service Center serves and supports students, families, and districts as an innovative educational partner.