Professional Twitter Accounts
the power of instant global connections in 140 characters
- to participate in professional chats with educators in their district, in the state, and in the country
- to spotlight student successes with the community
- to ask questions
- to collaborate with teachers with similar positions
Tweets Per Day: 500,000,000
Education Tweets Per Day: 4,200,000
Educational Tweets Per Second: 3,000
Hashtags & People/Groups to Follow!
(These are chats, but they post really great things all of the time. Good hashtags to follow)
10 Hashtags Every Education Leader Should Follow
People/Groups to Follow
session slides presentation about using Twitter as a PLN
Directions to Participate in our BISD Twitter Chat!
A Twitter chat is a public Twitter conversation connected by one unique hashtag. This hashtag allows you to follow the discussion and participate in it! Twitter chats are usually recurring and about specific topics. People with specific interests can participate in chats with others of similar interests all around the world.
For our BISD Twitter Chats, we use the hashtag #bisddlp.
1. Login to your Twitter account.
2. Search for our hashtag - #bisddlp (dlp=digital learning platform).
3. As with all Twitter chats, everyone will be asked to introduce themselves at the beginning of the chat.
4. Questions will be identified as Q1, Q2, and Q3.
5. After the first question is posted, all chatters should reply with A1 followed by a response and #bisddlp at the end. The hashtag is important! The chat feed may move quickly if many are participating. Don’t worry about keeping up with every single detail or jotting down notes.
6. After the chat, you can search #bisddlp and reference any thoughts or ideas that are of interest to you.
8. During the chat if you see a post that you find particularly interesting, you can favorite that tweet by clicking/tapping the star icon, and then you can find that tweet later by viewing your profile page and selecting favorites.
You can retweet (send out a tweet from someone else) by clicking on the two arrows under a tweet you want to share with your followers.
Please remember everything posted will be included in a collection of tweets with the #bisddlp. This chat feed will be posted for future reference.