Clara Barton Hawthorne Elementary
Husky Herald- August 2023
CBH School Beliefs
- We have caring hearts and helping hands
- We are responsible for our actions and our part in learning
- Through cooperation we achieve our goal
- We respect people and property
“Laying the foundation for success by educating and empowering all students”
Through a culture of caring, responsibility, cooperation and respect, the CBH community empowers all students to build a foundation for success in an ever-changing and diverse society.
Aug. 16- Before School Assessments
Aug. 17- Before School Assessments
Aug. 24- 5:00-6:30 Back to School Night
Aug. 28- First Day of School
Aug. 28- BooHoo Yahoo Get Together for Kinder parents after drop off- in the library. This is a time to meet other families with kindergarten students
Sept. 4- No School
Welcome to CBH!
We are so excited to welcome our students back to school. We hope you have all had a wonderful summer. We have missed you!
Please contact the main office if you need any assistance. We look forward to hearing from you and helping with any questions or concerns you may have.
Hawthorne 446-4500 Clara Barton 446-4400
The following is the late/tardy procedure that is followed at CBH. This is a school-wide plan that will take place in each classroom. Our goal is to have all students ready to learn when the day starts.
Thank you for your help in reaching our goal.
- Students will be in the classroom once the second bell rings.
- They will be prepared and ready for their day.
- Any students who walk into the classroom after the second bell will be marked tardy by the classroom teacher.
- Once lunch count is submitted, any students who enter the classroom need to report to the office for a tardy slip.
- Once having entered the classroom, students must have teacher permission to leave the classroom for any reason.
Missing FPS Emails?
Free/Reduced Meal Application
Back-to-School Vaccine Clinics
Husky Spirit Days
The dates are as follows:
- Sept. 29
- Oct. 27
- Nov. 30
- Dec. 22
- Jan. 26
- Feb. 29
- Mar. 28
- Apr. 26
- May 30
United Way Backpack Pick-up
United Way will distribute backpacks and school supplies to students K-12 who attend school in Cass or Clay counties on Wednesday, Aug. 2 from 4:30- 6 p.m.; Thursday, Aug. 3 from 4:30-6 p.m.; and Friday, Aug. 3 - 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. at the Fargodome. Each family will need to fill out a registration form and provide an id for each child receiving school supplies. Find more information here: https://unitedwaycassclay.org/.../school-supply-drive...