Week of May 10 - 14
Important Upcoming Dates
MAY:11 - STAAR Testing (Math - 3rd, 4th and 5th)
12 - STAAR Testing (Reading - 3rd, 4th and 5th)
13 - STAAR Testing (Science - 5th)
14 - LES FIELD DAY- (more information below)
14 - Library Books Due
21 - Kindergarten Graduation (more information below)
24 - Early Release Day - Elementary 1:00
24 - 5th Grade Celebration - (Information was sent home to 5th grade parents last week.)
25 - Early Release Day - Elementary 1:00 /Last Day of School
2021 LES Field Day - Friday, May 14
We can't wait for LES FIELD DAY on FRIDAY, MAY 14! What a wonderful way to celebrate an awesome school year!
Here are some of the things planned for the day:
* Field Day Relays
* Field Day Stations
* Kona Ice
* Special Field Day Photo "Booth" Opportunity
We are excited to announce that parents will be invited to attend the OUTDOOR Field Day Events. Please read the flyer below for more detailed information. Parents and guests will be able to attend Field Day as spectators but will not be able to interact with the students. Thank you for understanding as we still work around COVID procedures.
Outdoor Field Day Event Start Times:
- Pre-K , Kinder and 1st Grade - 8:30 a.m
- 4th and 5th Grade - 10:15 a.m.
- 2nd and 3rd Grade - 1:30 p.m.
Please note that ALL Field Day guests must check in, in the front office, and receive a visitor badge in order to attend (see information below on how to pre-resgister for a visitor's badge).
We asks that all guests wear face masks while in the building. Guests will travel down the main hallway to the doors that lead to the Field Day event fields.
Guests may want to bring lawn chairs and something to drink.
Pre-Registration for Visitor Badges for Field Day
Please note that ALL Field Day guests must check in, in the front office, and receive a visitor badge in order to attend.
- Our visitor system is secure and relies on checking our guests using their Driver's License. On days with a large number of visitors, we offer pre-registration to expedite the process. Our system only allows guests to pre-register if they have had their ID scanned through out system this year. If you would like to pre-register, please click on the link. Pre-registration ends Thursday, May 13 at noon.
- If you have not had your ID scanned this year and would like to pre-register, please plan to stop by the front office at school anytime between now and Thursday afternoon between 8:00 am – 3:00 pm. You will need your state issued ID in order to do this.
- Those who are able to pre-register by May 13 will be able to bypass the line for check in and pick up their visitor badge the morning of Field Day.
- If you are not able to pre-register, no worries. You may just want to allow yourself a little extra time to check-in.
School Supply Online Order Opportunity
Don't miss out on the opportunity to purchase next year's school supplies online. See the flyer below for more information.
Click on this link to get started with your purchase:
Our school code is: LIN335
If you would like to purchase school supplies on your own, click on the attachment below the school supply flyer for a complete LES School Supply List.
MISD Summer Extended Learning Opportunity
MISD Summer Extended Learning Opportunity!
Students will have the opportunity to engage in literacy and mathematics instruction designed to provide a high quality virtual learning experience that will prepare them for the upcoming school year.
- Free for all MISD ELEMENTARY STUDENTS!
- Virtual Learning
Click on the link to register for MISD's Summer Extended Learning Opportunity!
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com!
Check Out These Summer Opportunities for Students!
Weekly COVID 19 Positive Case Notification (May 3 - 7)
Dear Lincoln Elementary Parents,
During the week of May 3 - 7, we were notified of three individuals in our building (all in one family) who tested positive for COVID-19.
The families of students who have been identified as having close contact with this individual have been notified.
A close contact is defined as someone within 6 feet of the individual for 15 minutes or longer without protective face coverings or someone who was directly exposed to infectious secretions. We feel it is our responsibility to keep our parents and staff informed as much as possible during this time. Disinfecting of the building continues to happen on a nightly basis. Teachers and staff are diligently cleaning commonly touched surfaces throughout the day according to TEA Guidelines.
We are taking every step possible to stop the spread to others. If you are experiencing symptoms associated with COVID-19, we strongly encourage you to consult with your health care provider and communicate with your campus nurse. We will continue to monitor the situation and report required information to the Montgomery County Health Department.
Sincerely,Lincoln Elementary Administration