Welcome to the Rockin' OwlStars!!
CONGRATS ON STARTING YOUR NEW ORIGAMI OWL BUSINESS
Who Is My Mentor?
I pledge to be your biggest cheerleader and do my part in making sure you have the best training and ability to access the resources you need to allow you to grow and be successful. I am so happy to have you as a part of our team and know that you will be truly blessed by the amazing women you will meet along the way on your journey to achieving your dreams with Origami Owl.
It is my goal to help and guide you thru your Origami Owl business. I am sending this e-mail to congratulate you for starting your own business with Origami. I am so excited for you and the road you are about to embark on. The process of shipping your kit has started right away but before you receive it, I want to tell you a little bit about the next steps that will take place.
You've Taken a Huge Step! Here is What Will Happen Next:
Now that Origami Owl has received your designer agreement, they will start processing your kit and ship all your materials to you in 3-5 days.
You can call, email, IM or text me any time. Text me at 916.955.4822 for a quick reply. Emails I will get to within 24 hours: email@example.com. Don't hesitate to pick up the phone and call as well. If I can't answer right then, leave a message and I promise to return your call asap.
Add me as a friend on FB so I can make sure and add you to our team page and we can chat here as well! www.facebook.com/amandakparrish
I know how excited most designers are to get started and I want you to know that I am here for you every step of the way. I will help you stay on track specifically over the next 48 hours and over the course of the next 90 days. With your kit and the back office, comes training, and we want to make sure you receive all that you need. Please don't feel like you are bugging me or hurting my feelings if you need more training or additional time covering a specific topic. I am not successful if you are not successful. We are truly a team.
Over the Next Week
Over the course of the next week, play around in the back office. This will keep you connected. Write down any questions that you may have. When your kit comes, contact me to schedule a time when we can go over all the materials included and any questions you may have.
Soon we will have a team website for the Rockin' OwlStars to help you and your new designers have a place to go when they get started. In the meantime, please use the Sparkling Hooters Facebook group as a way to build your confidence of what a great resource you are able to offer to potential new designers you will mentor. Be sure to spend time looking at all the docs and photos on our Sparkling Hooters Facebook page as new and useful information is added almost daily.
The posts on our Facebook page will hopefully allow you to see what a great support system you have. Please don’t feel overwhelmed. Use these instructions as you need them and feel free to call me with questions. It’s natural to feel nervous when starting your own business. We are here to help you every step of the way.
IMMEDIATE ACTION STEPS
- Understand your job description. It consists of only 3 little things. Love the products, Share the products and find other people to share the products with you.
- I love hearing about your why. Email me and tell me why you decided to join Origami Owl. This helps me understand what I can do to help you achieve your goals.
- Make your list of 100. List all the people you know and don't be judgmental of who may or may not love Origami Owl. You never know. 10 friends, 10 relatives, 10 neighbors, 10 acquaintances and 10 people you know from your child's school is 50 already. Put stars next to people who may need a girls night, who love to entertain, or might need some extra cash.
- Pick a date for your launch party IMMEDIATELY!!! I usually tell people to pick two days. Like a Tuesday/Thursday or a Saturday/Sunday. This way you can invite everyone and if there is a day they can't come, there is a back up party for people who can't make the first one. This is not mandatory, but only you will know what strategy will work best for your group of friends and family. The launch parties should focus on bookings and sharing Origami Owl with people who might want to start their own business. Don't worry so much about selling products. Sales are great but they will come later at the Jewelry Bars that you are able to hold with a whole new circle of women. The best piece of advice I can give you is that if your launch party does not turn out the way you imagined, this does not mean you will fail at this business. Just keep sharing and smiling, and do not quit! A lot of times you will feel like you are working hard and no one is noticing, but when that snowball you've been slowly rolling up the hill reaches the top, the momentum going down is going to be huge and your business will blow up!! You never know when that next potential customer or recruit will show up and your enthusiasm will make them choose to work with you. This business takes time, but the payoff is worth every moment of hard work!
- GET YOUR CALENDAR FULL! Try to book your 1-2 launch parties, 2 parties from your launch parties and 2 outside bookings. This will give you 5-6 in the next 4-6 weeks and will get your business booming. Origami Owl Jewelry Bars are sooooo easy. Be sure to watch the training in your workstation to see JUST HOW EASY they can be. : )
First Goals to Achieve:
- Have a Launch Party and Enter Your First Orders
- Sell 500 PV in the first 15 days
- Book 2-3 jewelry bars in 60 days
- Recruit your First Team member in the first 90 days. Learn together. This can be your Origami Owl buddy. You will forever have memories you will cherish.
Sample Script to call people you know:
Hi _____________________, this is ______________, Would you consider helping me get my new business off the ground? I am looking to fill my calendar up with Jewelry Bars over the next month. If you book a Jewelry bar and help me this one time, I promise I will never bug you again to book a party. If you want to book one again in the future, it will be because you asked me. You and your friends will just love Origami Owl. I promise.
Clearly you can use your own verbiage, but the key here is that these are your friends so have fun, make it light hearted, and be honest with them!
Once you friend request me on Facebook, I will add you to the Sparkling Hooters team page that our direct Executive Team Leader has created. In this group we have lots of documents, photos and training tools that you can use to really get your business off to a successful start.
3. Start reading through all the manuals, guidelines and procedures of how things work and the history of Origami Owl. The policy and procedure manual is super important and I highly recommend reading it and writing down some questions. Most of these are located in the Files section of our team FB page. I will check with you to make sure you were able to find those successfully.
4. Next, look through the pictures posted on our group Facebook page so that you can get ideas on how you would like to set up your display for Jewelry Bars. I will have a list of websites available to you that are helpful in providing some of the items to help organize your Origami Owl Business.
5. Get to know your new team on Facebook. This is your support hub. We will help you answer any questions you have, get you motivated and keep you excited about your Origami Owl business.
7. If you are local to me, I would suggest shadowing a party, or having me at your first party. I will also be posting a video on parties very soon so you can get an idea of how easy they really are and feel comfortable. We will go over the basics for throwing a Jewelry Bar so you will be fully prepared.
8. Read through the material on our Executive Team Leader's website: www.sparklinglockets.com. She is the team mentor for the Sparkling Hooters (and my direct mentor) and has posted tons of information in regards to the business, hosting and more.
10. Look online for videos and information that may help you get ideas or how you should run and organize your Origami Owl business. Write everything down and apply what fits you best. Origami Owl prides itself with Designers who are so generous in sharing their tips/tricks on what makes them successful. You will find many ideas on websites such as Youtube, Pinterest, Facebook, etc.
Navigating Your Website/Accessing Your Back Office
To get to the back office, just click on the designer login in the bottom right corner with your information. You will have this website for FREE for your first year. On your 1 year anniversary with Origami Owl you will have the option to renew your website for $99/yr. This price is a steal to have this fabulous website for your customers to be able to order from. You will find this is a small business investment, and tax write-off I might add, that will add a convenience factor that will keep your customers coming back. Your website has all the lockets, dangles, etc and anything your customers will need to view to place orders.
BUSINESS SUPPLY & WHOLESALE ORDERS!
When logged into your back office you will be able to select the Order tab, then select Business Supply Order or New Designer Order. When clicking on Business Supply Order you will find things like order forms, take-out menus, thank you cards, hostess folders and all the O2 branded business supplies that will help you look professional and keep your business running smoothly! All other jewelry items will be under the New Designer Order tab.
Your Support System
You'll find that all of your team members, sponsors and directors are concerned with helping you succeed with Origami Owl. You may get emails from various people in our upline.
Our Origami Family Tree is as follows:
Origami Owl Corporate "The Nest"
Heidi Russell (Executive Director)
Leslie Rhodes (Senior Director)
Janice Tarquin (Executive Team Leader)
Jill McCarthy (Executive Team Leader)
and myself (Leading Designer)
(By the way, look how close we are to corporate, you signed up at a great time! This opportunity is huge!)
We are all here to help you any way possible.
You are NEVER bugging any of us!
Business Tools Action Steps
- First, make yourself some form of a home office. This does not have to be a room. It can be a corner where you have a cabinet, or a container you slide under your bed. Whatever you need to do to make sure you have all your business supplies in one area that will help keep you organized.
- If you haven't already, make yourself an email address solely for your business. Make sure to read over the Policies and Procedures Manual on what is allowed for both email and domain names.
- Order your business cards at: https://flyersdirect.com/origamiowl/?p=select-template&id=1
- If you plan to take credit cards at events, you will want to research mobile card readers for your smart phone. Popular ones include Square, PayPal, and PayAnywhere. If you need more guidane on this please ask.
- We recommend opening a separate checking account for your business, it will make it easier for tax purposes and tracking business expenses/profits. This can be a free checking account and does not need to be anything with fancy features.
- If you would like your emails to look super professional for your business, be sure to sign up for Esig at: http://www.myesig.com/?pc=1090 This is not a requirement, but they have designed some pretty cool signatures custom to Origami Owl. Check it out!
- Begin purchasing or making items for your Jewelry Bar display. Keep this simple! You definitely want to make money before you spend a lot of money. If you are interested in ideas and places I have found great deals at lets schedule a time to talk Jewelry Bars and get all your questions answered!
What Makes You Unique?
I challenge you to figure out what your "why" is. This needs to be something that gets you out of bed in the morning and motivates you to be better than you were yesterday. This "why" needs to get you through the tough days and make it all worthwhile. I can't wait to hear what is going to motivate you to achieve your dreams! You got this!
I work Origami Owl full time and am also home with my kids, I am available at random times during the day, but am always pretty easy to get ahold of. Feel free to Facebook me, email me, or text me at any time of day. I usually get back within minutes unless I am at a Jewelry Bar, with my kiddos, or doing that thing we all need more of at night... sleep! Bottom line is don't say I didn't tell you to call me with questions... you will pick up everything quicker than you think and will be off and running and able to do this in your sleep before you know it!
Again, just take all the information one step at a time. But, don't wait! Get started right away. Don't let the excitement of joining and ordering your kit settle. Keep the momentum and you will do amazing!!
You'll find I will be your biggest cheerleader, and a great coach but I will also push you to do your best. This product is easy to sell but you must commit to action and making steps towards reaching your goal each day. There is no sugar coating with me. What you put into your business is a direct reflection of what you will get out of it. Once you get your kit, you don't open it and money comes magically pouring out of it. You must work at it. Read new books, feed your brain, commit to growth, better your presentation and communication, focus on self improvement and things will line up and fall in place. Positive affirmation will get you a long way in this business. Whatever you set your mind to I know you can achieve!
Amanda Parrish, Rockin' OwlStars Team Mentor