Technology Tidbits and Training
Instructional Resource Technology Newsletter Issue 2
Virginia Technology Standards
Flipgrid is a free video discussion platform for educators and students.
As the educator, you are the topic designer. You can add resources and attachments. Use for back-to-school intros, book-talks, reflections, Q&As, showcase STEAM ideas, etc. Training opportunity available below. Complete the course to receive a re-certification point.
The FREE Flipgrid Online Course is here!
Sign up here - in less than one hour - you can be an expert!
New Twist on a Well Known App
Here’s a reminder of the instructions from Kahoot! on how to create a game:
1. Open the Kahoot! app or go to the website and tap Create in the navigation bar.
2. Add a title, description and cover image. You can use an image from your camera roll, upload an image or snap a new one as you’re creating!
3. Choose if you want to keep this kahoot private or make it visible to everyone.
4. Click Ok, Go or Tap Add question. Add the question and answer options. Toggle correct and incorrect answers. Change time limit to fit question type.
5. Remember to add images and videos! Check progress against our Question checklist – it’ll hint if something is missing.
6. Check progress against our overall Kahoot checklist – it’ll help you with all the ingredients of a perfect kahoot.
7. Tap Done – and it’s ready!
To host your game live or send it as a challenge, you need to log in. Directions will vary slightly depending on the device used to create the kahoot. Get more instructions or watch video tutorials by clicking on the link.
*Click the CC button in the lower left corner or press the Ctrl or CMD + Shift + C shortcut to enable closed captioning.