The Eagle Nest News
Grade Level News
2nd grade is grateful for all of the volunteers and donations to our classrooms.
We have been studying:
- How to write informational writing pieces to tell how to make lemonade.
- How to balance equations in math.
- How text features help us read and understand a topic.
- How amazing dragonflies are.
- What forces and motions are responsible for.
For the month of April, fourth grade students will be learning about the decimal place values of tenths and hundredths. The students will learn to convert decimals to fractions and fractions to decimals as well as convert tenths to hundredths. Along with this the students will learn how to represent decimals values using visual models and number lines. Furthermore, the students will add and subtract decimal values and solve word problems involving decimals. For reading and social studies, the fourth grade students will summarize the causes and effects of the Spanish-American War, the land boom and bust of 1920's Florida, The Great Depression, Florida's role in World War II, and Florida's population diversity. In science, fourth grade is studying the life cycles of animals, the difference and application of inherited and learned characteristics of plants and animals, and the relationships of plant and animal interdependence.
2019 Testing Schedule
Sunshine State Young Readers Award Voting Celebration
Buy One Get One Book Fair Is Coming!!!
– 24th the Deltona Lakes Media Center will host a Scholastic BOGO book fair. The BOGO book fair provides the opportunity for students to buy one book and receive one free book of the equal or lesser value. What a great way to stock up on summer reading!
Up Coming Dates to Remember
May 10 – Last Day to take Reading Counts Test
May 16 – All media books are due back to DLE Media Center
May 17 – Last Reading Counts Store
May 20-25 – Buy One Get One Book Fair