The beauty of Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico's favorite sport is Baseball. The fans are devoted to the sport.
The national animal is the Cogui.
Capital and current Population
The capital of Puerto Rico is San Jaun. The current population is 3.667 million people.
The currency in Puerto Rico is the American dollar.
Interesting places to visit
1. El Yunque is a beautiful tropical rainforest in Puerto Rico, and the only rainforest under the protection of the US Forest service
2. Castillo de San Cristobal is a spanish fort located in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Built by spain to protect from attacks.
3. Arecibo observatory is the world's largest and most sensitive Radiotelescope located in Arecibo, Puerto Rico
4. La Ceiba de Ponce is a historic park located in barrio San anton, Ponce Puerto Rico
5. El morro(castle) is a 16th century citadel located in San Juan, Puerto Rico
Main types of music and dance
2types of Music:
1.Bomba- It is the mixture of the three different cultures of the Island, the Spanish, African and Taino cultures.
2.Salsa- salsa music actually emerged in the Puerto Rican barrios of New York City during the 1960s and 70s. Big-band jazz met with Latin rhythms
2 types of Dance:
1.Salsa a dance form with origins from the Cuban Son
The dish is made from sliced green plantains cut either length wise or width wise and are twice fried.
1 8-10 lbs. pork shoulder (Pernil)
pasta de guayaba
A type of paste candy