Ranger News: March 28, 2020
School Closure and Learning at Home
Governor Holcomb has ordered that Indian schools remain closed until May 1st. Due to the extended closure of our schools, our district team is working on Learn at Home learning experiences for our PK-8 students and eLearning experiences for our 9-12 students. These will be shared with students and families the week of April 13. This will allow our teachers and administrators time to work together to provide a meaningful learning experience for our students.
Food Distribution and Need
MSD Warren Township is offering an evening distribution of food every Wednesday at Post Road Christian Church from 5:30pm - 7:00pm. Families should use the south entrance of the church parking lot and go to the Family Life Center door.
Our other 9 locations will continue to offer meals Monday - Friday between 11:00am - 1:00pm.
- Warren Central High School
- Pleasant Run Elementary
- Creston Intermediate Middle School
- Raymond Park Intermediate Middle School
- Stonybrook Intermediate Middle School
- Braeburn Village Apartments
- Knoll Ridge Apartments
- Washington Pointe Apartments
- Shiloh Estates Mobile Home Park
Each Friday, additional food will be shared to assist families over the weekend.
If you find yourself in need beyond what is being offered, a District Community Outreach hotline and email have been created. You can either call 317-869-4308 or email MSDWarrenOutreach@warren.k12.in.us with your information. Someone from the district will contact you as soon as possible.
Parent Resources for Student Learning Engagement
Yearbooks will be completed and delivered for the 2019-2020 school year. Order your 5th -8th grade combined RPI&MS yearbook today! You can order online at ybpay.lifetouch.com - yearbook ID code is 10818420. You can also order by sending in a check made payable to Lifetouch. A basic paperback yearbook costs $20 and is only a $5 charge to add a hardcover.
Under guidance from the CDC, the decision to cancel out-of-state field trips for the remainder of the school year was made based on the rapidly evolving nature of the Coronavirus outbreak and with overall concern for the health and safety of our students and staff. In addition to the risk of exposure during the trip, student travelers could become unexpectedly subject to additional travel restrictions while away from home and the possibility of remaining quarantined after returning from the trip.
At Raymond Park, the following out-of-state trips are canceled:
- Washington DC (8th grade), March 18
- Chicago (7th grade), May 26
- Cincinnati (6th grade), May 15
- Louisville (5th grade), May 8
The timing of the decision was made to allow for the greatest amount of refund for families in relation to the scheduled departure of the trips. Working closely with the partnering touring company, Appian Tours, refund rates for canceled trips will be as follows:
- The Washington DC trip will be refunded in full, less the $50 non-refundable deposit used for unrecoverable expenses, by canceling more than 7 days in advance of the trip. The refund rate would have dropped to 50% if cancellation occurred within a week of the trip.
- The trips to Chicago, Cincinnati and Louisville will be refunded in full, less the $25 non-refundable deposit that was used for unrecoverable expenses.
- A statement from Appian Tours is shared to provide greater explanation of the unrecoverable fees.
The refund process originally communicated for the Washington DC trip has been updated due to the closure of school, such that families may receive refund money in a more timely fashion. Refunds for all out-of-state trips will be issued by Appian Tours using the following process:
1. All Washington DC payments that were made by cash, check or credit card and credit card payments (older than 3 months) for the trips to Chicago, Cincinnati and Louisville will be refunded with a check for the amount paid and to the person(s) who made payments. Payments made within the last three months via credit card toward the Chicago, Cincinnati and Louisville trips will be refunded directly to the credit card used for payment.
2. The non-refundable fee ($50, Washington; $25 Chicago, Cincinnati and Louisville) will come from the initial payment that was made at sign-up.
3. Refund checks will be mailed directly from Appian Tours to persons making payments.
4. Students that purchased trip insurance will receive a 100% refund for the canceled trip. Appian Tours will assist in the process of obtaining a portion of the refund coming from the insurance company.
Thank you for your understanding of the circumstances that contributed to the difficult decision to cancel the trips and to this change in the refund process to help families recover money sooner. Please contact me directly at 317.532.8904 or at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about the trip. Please contact Appian Tours at email@example.com with questions regarding the refund process.
Dr. John Kleine - Principal
Mrs. Jina Simmons - 5th Grade Level Administrator
Mr. Andrew McAulay - 5th Grade Counselor
Mrs. April Price - 6th Grade Level Administrator
Ms. Katie Piatt - 6th Grade Counselor
Mr. Bill Halpin - 7th Grade Level Administrator
Mrs. Iris Parrish -7th Grade Counselor
Dr. Leondra Radford - 8th Grade Level Administrator
Mrs. Adrienne Mathews - 8th Grade Counselor
Lisa Stewart - Nurse