Do you believe Andrew Jackson is a hero or a villain?
War of 1812
- Jackson was a Major General in the United States Army during the War of 1812 he was sent to New Orleans to prepare the city's defenses against a British attack
- With him he had an armies from Tennessee and Kentucky that defeated a British force of 7,500 men. He was now known as the "Hero of New Orleans".
Tariff Of Abominations
- It was The Tariff of Abominations by its Southern detractors because of the causes it had on the Antebellum Southern economy
- The goal of the tariff was to protect industries in the Northern United State which were being driven out of business by low priced imported goods by putting a tax on them
- Some New England industries also disliked the bill because it included the clause by which the taxes on raw materials was increased.
He wasn't good to many people like for example...
- Many people called him "King Andrew" since they feared his power
- Jackson liked this and made his power grow stronger
- It wasn't really liked a democracy, more like a monarchy
- He forced the Native Americans out of their native grounds so there would be room for his settlers
- Jackson took the land away from the Natives and led them out at gun point westward away from their home