Lion's Mane (Parent Edition)
Your home for MHS news & events. Volume 32
TO EVERYTHING, THERE IS A SEASON, AND A TIME TO EVERY PURPOSE UNDER HEAVEN
What an honor and privilege to serve as your principal this year. I have enjoyed every moment of being principal of The McKinney High School. Thank you for allowing me the chance to grow as an educator.
Please make sure you welcome Mr. Arbabi to the Lion Nation next week. Mr. Arbabi will begin the transition to MHS starting on Monday. He will spend his time next week and through the remainder of the school year getting to know you and your students. I firmly believe that under Mr. Arbabi's leadership, MHS will thrive.
Monday will also mark my last day as principal. I can never say thank you enough for all of your support this year. I am a blessed man having worked with you and your children.
The McKinney High School
The people have spoken.
MHS Lions doing great things
Lions Soccer All Region/All State
- Congratulations to Jesse Ardila for being named to the Dallas Morning newsl All Area 1st Team Forwards.
- Big congratulations to the following Lions soccer players recognized by the Texas Association of Soccer Coaches All Region/All State teams:
- Defenders: 1st Team All-Region - Colin Saum
- Midfielders: 2nd Team All-Region - Chris Bell
- Forwards: 1st Team All-State - Jess Ardila; 2nd Team All-Region - Tyler Imig
MHS Track & Field 2016 State Qualifiers
MHS Track and Field competed at the Region II 5A Tract Meet at UTA. Four of our athletes qualified for the State Track meet at the University of Texas. Congratulations to:
- Bailey Lear - 400 meters
- Brooke Merrick in the 300 hurdles
- Ricky Fantroy in the Triple Jump
- Blanchard Montgomery in the 300 hurdles.
News from Communities in Schools
Lost and Found
How to stay connected
- Lion's Mane (Parent Edition) every Monday
- MHS Facebook page
- MHS Twitter page
- Remind 101 (text @themck to 81010)
- MHS Webpage (although this is not updated as quickly as other methods)
- Phone Callouts
If for some reason you are not receiving MHS information in your preferred medium, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I want you to be informed in a timely manner about all things MHS.