RHHS Wildcats: News You Can Use
#WEareRH - Friday, 1/12/18
Georgia Parent Survey
Georgia Parent Survey
The Georgia Parent Survey is modeled after the student survey and contains 24 questions. Parents may complete the survey using their personal computer, smartphone or tablet. For parents that do not have access to the Internet, please come to the west office, and we will gladly provide you the computer and internet access to complete this. Survey responses are anonymous and will be submitted directly to the Georgia Department of Education for analysis. The Georgia Parent Survey is also available in Spanish. Parents may select the Spanish version within the survey. Results from the Georgia Parent Survey will not be available to the public and will not be posted online.
The Georgia Parent Survey link is posted below.
Georgia Parent Survey:http://gshs.gadoe.org/parents
Please take time to share your perspective about RHHS.
Mark your calendars!
- Monday, January 22nd, 5-7:30pm - Rising 9th grader/parent night at RHHS - This is an opportunity for rising 9th graders and their parents to hear about 9th grade courses, visit representatives from clubs and athletic teams, and hear some general information about the most important first year of high school!
- Wednesday, January 24th, 5:30pm, east cafeteria - Senior parent meeting to share with parents information about our planned 1:1 pilot program with our seniors this semester.
- Wednesday, January 24th, 6pm, east cafeteria - PSAT workshop - This workshop will provide students and parents with information about how to interpret the PSAT score report. The PSAT score report is a strong resource for planning, and knowing how to use this information is important. Please join us in the east cafeteria.
- Monday, January 29th, 5-7pm - Curriculum/AP Night at RHHS for rising 10th-12th graders - Curriculum Night provides all students and parents with an overwhelming amount of information. We offer teacher-led sessions on each AP courses, we have course and content-specific teachers here to answer questions about courses, and we will have sessions on Dual Enrollment and Work-Based Learning. Full details are available in the handout.
The deadline for paying class dues before prom is February 23rd.
JUNIOR Dues = $35.00 (includes the $5 late fee)
- If the student did not pay freshman ($30) and sophomore ($30) dues, he/she owes $95. Juniors who have dues paid in full receive a prom ticket at no additional cost.
SENIOR = $35.00 (includes the $5 late fee)
- If the student did not pay freshman ($30), sophomore ($30) or junior ($30) dues, he/she owes $125. Students only pay for years that he/she has attended RHHS. Seniors who have dues paid in full receive a prom ticket at no additional cost.
After February 23rd, Juniors and Seniors who have not paid class dues who plan to go to prom will have to purchase their prom ticket separately. Prom tickets, purchased separately from class dues, are $125.
Dues are paid through MyPayments+ - https://www2.mypaymentsplus.com/welcome
AP Test Registration OPEN
Advanced Placement Exam Registration is now open.
Students may register for exams and begin making full or partial payments toward the cost of their AP exams beginning November 1, 2017.
Please visit the following link to register for 2018 AP exams:
RHHS to celebrate AP Day
We will be celebrating AP Day on Friday, January 26th to better inform students about what AP Classes are available. If you or your child would like to purchase an AP Day T-shirt to wear on AP Day, please go to :
• Go to MyPayments+
• Click on Spirit Wear
• Choose RHHS AP Spirit Day T shirt - $15
• Choose continue: This will allow you to choose your shirt size and AP Teacher or Advisement teacher to whom your shirt will be delivered. This is a very important step, so please be sure to select both.
Taking care of our students
Did you know that a counselor is in each lunch, in each cafeteria, every Thursday? This is a good time for students to let a counselor know that they need a face-to-face meeting or ask questions about things like graduation requirements, pathway completion, college, entrance exams for college, and HOPE scholarship. We know that students might be overwhelmed and unsure of where to go or who to see - the counselors at lunch can help get them moving in the right direction.
I've included counselor information below - please never hesitate to let us know if we can be of better support. Email information for each counselor can be found on the RHHS website (http://www.bryan.k12.ga.us/o/rhhs/page/school-counseling--7 )
Rashida Bunyan: last names A-Davidson
Emily Neff: Davis - Hobby
Wallace Ingram: Hod-Miller
Laine Lynch: Milton-Sa
Saraswati Hendrix: Sc-Z
Jennifer Blanton: Graduation Coach
Jonna Vaughn: Military Family Life Counselor