The New York Times
The Great Gatsby
!Gatsby Mysterious Past Revealed!
- Gatsby, Daisy, and Tom were chatting but suddenly the conversation turned into an argument and Tom began to point out some mysterious "facts" from Gatsby past. Turns out Tom has made his own little investigation to find the truth behind Gatsby mysterious past.
- Here is a glimpse of their conversation:
Tom: “I found out what your ‘drug-stores’ were.” He turned to us and spoke rapidly. “He and this Wolfsheim bought up a lot of side-street drug-stores here and in Chicago and sold grain alcohol over the counter. That’s one of his little stunts. I picked him for a bootlegger the first time I saw him, and I wasn't far wrong.”
- Source(Chatting Dialogue): The Great Gatsby book.
If you would like more details about the
- Midwest native Nick Carraway arrives in 1922 New York in search of the American dream. Nick moves in next door to millionaire Jay Gatsby and across the bay from his cousin Daisy and her philandering husband, Tom. Thus, Nick becomes drawn into the captivating world of the wealthy and as he bears witness to their illusions and deceits pens a tale of impossible love, dreams, and tragedy.
- Source(Summary): Google.
- The image on the left is the front cover of the movie "The Great Gatsby".
- The image on the right is the front cover of the book "The Great Gatsby".