Whole wheat fettuccine:
with clams, basil, tomato, corn and garlic
• 10 ounces uncooked whole wheat fettuccine
• 2 tablespoons minced garlic
• 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
• 2 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen
• 1/2 cup white wine
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
• 2 cans (4 ounces each) clams, drained
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• Ground black pepper, to taste
Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente (tender), about 8 minutes, or according to the package directions. Drain the pasta thoroughly.
In a large saucepan, add the garlic, tomatoes, corn, wine, olive oil and basil. Cover and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and add the clams and pasta. Toss gently to coat. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
This recipe is a dinner dish. It only contains 320 calories. This recipe serves six people and the sugar content is 7.6g. This dish has less than one gram of saturated fat and only two grams of monounsaturated fat. There is only 4g of total fat. This recipe contains 18g of protein, which is healthy. There is only 25g of cholesterol. This recipe is very healthy.