By Jhoel Morales
Raise of hands if, you guys have seen someone homeless before, what about here In Boise?
When did homelessness first start out and when did it become a big issue?
How have we helped?
- Many states in the United states have built shelters to help the homelessness but that wasn't enough to help them get off their feet. In Utah, a project was proposed to build homes for the homeless by Rein. The project passed, and it dramatically reduced the number of homeless in Utah and not only that, the medical bill went down so in the long run, it payed itself off.
- In Dhaka, Bangladesh a similar project was held also, but the prime minister helped the homelessness train to get a job. The project was really effective but not at all successful since they don't have the money to keep it going. but, those who did got help, tried their best to help others since they also know what it was like to be homeless.
After watching the video, you now know that helping everyone is nearly impossible since the numbers grow everyday but we try our best
It's not just America who faces the problem
Other ways to help
- There are a lot of organizations out there that help's deal with homelessness by building shelter, providing food, and providing common essentials.
- You can help by donation money, clothes you don't use, and time.
- There are a lot of organization that need's money keep them going there are organization that has money but, don't have the people to help them out. Family promise is an organization that has money but, they need more people to help out with their mission to stop homelessness. They have around 660,000 volunteers and what they ask to keep them going is for people to donate their time and help out because, they say helping others with one on one is better then just handing out things.
What I think we should do with homelessness?
How will you do to help solve this problem?
B: Place to live
D: untreated severe mental
What percent of the homeless are children?
Which country has the highest % of homelessness?
Which method is better in helping homeless?
A: Donating money to organization
B: Donating your time to organization
C: Donating your time & money to organization
D: "donating" money to homeless on the street