BACK TO SCHOOL EDITION
BEING ON TIME & PRESENT 100%
Our daily attendance goal at Lyon is 97%. In order for us to meet this goal it takes all students and parents working together everyday!
In order to ensure that all parents/guardians are aware of the Magnolia ISD attendance policies. We wanted to send the details directly to you. Please see below.
- Being on time to school and present all day is critical for learning success. Students must be in school at least 90% of the school year. Please send a doctor's note or a parent note to school if your child was absent.
- Students enrolled in prekindergarten or kindergarten are required to attend school and are subject to the compulsory attendance requirements as long as they remain enrolled.
- When a student is absent from school, the student must bring a note signed by the parent that describes the reason for the absence. Parent notes will not be accepted after 5 days from when the absence occurred. Campus administration will determine the acceptance of parent notes and how many notes will be accepted.
- Within 5 days of returning to school, a student absent for more than 5 consecutive days because of a personal illness must bring a statement from a doctor or health clinic verifying the illness or condition that caused the student’s extended absence from school. Otherwise, the student’s absence may be considered unexcused and, if so, would be considered to be in violation of compulsory attendance laws.
- The district allows 8 tardies/leave earlies (TOTAL for the year). When an elementary student is tardy to school and/or leaves early eight times as documented by the attendance office, the parent will be asked to attend a truancy class provided by the District.
Please call Ms. Harper, Assistant Principal, if you have any questions regarding attendance.
Lyon Elementary School
- Attendance notes/doctors' notes may be emailed directly to email@example.com.
- Contact Mrs. Harper with questions/concerns regarding attendance.