Robert L. Crippen "Friday" Bulletin
College Colors/Tshirt Tuesdays
Ms. Cassidy's student proudly displayed his Yale shirt.
Look at that Word Wall
Ms. Andrade's math word wall really ADDs up! :)
Get Comfy to Write
Ms. Hickman's class were eager to write for their assignment.
Upcoming Events over TWO WEEKS
- Monday, 9/7--Labor Day Holiday--Enjoy!
- Tuesday, 9/8--FIRST TEAM TUESDAY/CHARACTER CLUB--BE SURE to check the Tuesday master schedule; conference/special periods are different (4th and 5th meet)
- Tuesday, 9/8--Learning Walks Begin--Pam Reynolds and Daniela Blair
- Tuesday, 9/8--GT Explorers Club and GT Scrabble Club Begins
- Wednesday, 9/9--Grandparent's Day Luncheon Grades K, 1, 3 Only
- Wedneday, 9/9--LPAC Training with ELL Specialist Daniela Blair for ESL Classrooms (Non-Dual Teachers) in the library from 3-3:40 PM.
- Thursday, 9/10--Grandparent's Day Luncheon Grades 2, 4, 5 Only
- Thursday, 9/10--SIOP Strategies and TELPAS Scores with Daniela Blair (ELL Specialist) during your conference in your team leader's room
- Thursday, 9/10--1st After School Dual Language Meeting 3:15-4:15 PM Mayra Andrade's Room--DL Teacher REQUIRED to attend; LPAC Training for DL Teachers
- Week of 9/14 Learning Walks--Meghan Halbrook and Kristen Reep
- Monday, 9/14--Monday Clubs Begin
- Tuesday, 9/15--4th and 5th Grade Morning Tutoring Begins
- Tuesday, 9/15--Infinity Coaching for Instructional Team Leaders in the Library from 2:30-4:30 PM
- Wednesday, 9/16--Lone Star Math Training with Lead Math Teacher Jennifer Mohr from 3-3:30 in the Library--bring your laptop and user/password.
- Thursday, 9/17--Rocket Fuel Parent Volunteer Kickoff--5-5:30 PM in the Library
- Thursday, 9/17--Fall Open House for all Classrooms and Dual Language Information Night for DL Classrooms; A-L last names from 5:30-6:15 and L-Z last names from 6:15-7:00--all teachers required to attend
- Friday, 9/18--Say Cheese! Fall Individual Student/Staff Pictures
Mortar Word / Ten Maker / College Word / NIET Rubric Lesson Plan Focus
The author's opinion that state fright can be overcome is best supported by--
5th Grade Reading 2013
NIET Rubric Lesson Plan Focus for Collaboration Meetings
At Expectations (3)
- Most learning objectives are communicated, connected to state standards and referenced throughout lesson.
- Sub-objectives are mostly aligned to the lesson’s major objective.
- Learning objectives are connected to what students have previously learned.
- Expectations for student performance are clear.
- There is evidence that most students demonstrate mastery of the daily objective that supports significant progress towards mastery of a standard.
INFORMATION FROM THE DISTRICT/CRIPPEN
- Learning Walks begin Tuesday (9/8)-2 Questions--> What are you learning? Why?
- Thursday, 9/10 East Montgomery County Improvment District Back to School Bash at 5 PM for the Community
- DRA and EDL BOY Due September 31st for Grades 1-5
- ESTAR (Gr. 2 – 4) and MSTAR (Gr. 5) Universal Screener ~ August – October 2 nd Beginning of Year Assessment (K – 3 Math August 31st – September 30th
- Istation Testing (PK – 5) ~ September 1st – September 18th
- Staff Dress Code
- Mondays-Red Crippen Polos with Khakis
- Tuesdays--College Tshirt day with slacks
- Friday--NCISD Spirit Shirt from any NCISD school
- Elementary Principal's Meeting with Instructional Specialists on Friday, 9/4 from 8:30-11:30 AM and 9/18 from 8:30-11:30 AM at Central Office
- Prinicpal Child Nutrition Meeting on Thursday, 9/10 from 8:30-9:30 AM at Child Nutrition
- Special Education Principals Meeting September 15th 10:00 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. Special Education Building and Principals Hour 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. Technology Building
- Adminstrator's Meeting on September 17 from 10:00-11:30 AM