ADAMS CENTRAL ELEMENTARY PRINCIPAL UPDATE 7/22/20
A Letter of Introduction
Dear Parents and Guardians,
It is with great delight that I write this letter of introduction to you in my new role as Principal of Adams Central Elementary. I am honored to have the opportunity to lead the next generation of Jets. I have been in the education field for 29 years and had the privilege to teach in classrooms at Mississinewa Community Schools, South Adams Community Schools, and AC. Most recently I have served AC as the elementary assistant principal.
In my time outside the office, I enjoy time with my husband, our 4 children, and 3 grandchildren.
Along with the teachers and staff, I will work hard to continue AC’s legacy of hard work and success by developing strong relationships with parents, students, and community members. We will focus on guided reading, strategy-based mathematics, and implementing consistent practices and curriculum in a rigorous manner so we can continue to increase the achievement of all students. More than ever, we will work to ensure that our students feel safe and comfortable.
This community is dear to my heart, and I will work to serve you and your children well.
All of us at ACES are eager to begin what promises to be a year of opportunity. One opportunity is to provide you with the ability to register your student(s) online through Final Forms. This platform will allow you to complete all the required paperwork remotely. Watch social media for more information this week. We request that registration be completed prior to August 7.
We are aware that not all families have internet access and there are items that cannot be completed online such as payment and purchasing of All-sport tickets. therefore, we will offer an optional in-house registration on Tuesday, July 28 from 2-6 PM in the elementary cafeteria. In accordance with Governor Holcomb's mandate, masks/face coverings are required.
Classroom teacher information will be available Tuesday, July 28 beginning at 2:00 PM.
You may make payment in the elementary office in person or by mailing your payment to:
Adams Central Elementary
222 W. Washington St.
Monroe, IN 46772
Attn. Liz Davis
Elementary Back to Learning Plan
WE ARE EXCITED TO MEET YOU AT OUR STOP & GO EVENT
To familiarize students with how to get to their classrooms
- Park in the north lot and enter through W-1 doors if your child will be dropped off
- Park in the south lot and enter through S-3 doors if your child will be a bus rider
- Masks are required for everyone entering the building
- We are requesting that only 1-2 adults and AC students attend
- Self-screen prior to attendance
- Hand sanitizer will be available upon entrance
To limit traffic, please arrive during these suggested windows
- 5:00-5:30 Last Names A-H
- 5:35-6:05 Last Names I-N
- 6:10-6:40 Last Names O-T
- 6:45-7:15 Last Names U-Z
What to do
- Practice finding your classroom
- Meet your teacher
- Drop off School Supplies
- Grades 4-5 practice locker combinations (tentatively)
- Stop & Go Open House
- Online Registration Guidance
- Transportation (Drop off/Pick up) Guidance
- July 28, 2-6 PM In-house Registration
- Aug. 14 First Student Day
- Aug. 19, 8:30 AM Wednesday, delayed start begins
- Sept. 7 Labor Day, No school
- Oct. 16 End of 1st Quarter
- Oct. 23-26 Fall Break