The School Scoop
All things fifth grade!
The Legend of Sleep Hallow
Ask you kiddo what they believe happened to poor Icabod Crane.
Reading Logs- UPDATED
OCTOBER GOAL: 20 minutes of reading each night.
*We are test driving a new reading log for the month of October. I appreciate your patience while we navigate logging our reading on the ipads using Google Sheets.
Right now, there is no place to initial your child's log. Instead, please take time each week to check in with your reader and ask about the books they are reading and how they are now tracking their daily reading minutes, books, types of genres and setting goals.
Homework in Fifth Grade
- In fifth grade, homework will be viewed as an extension of the educational experience at school.
- We are focusing on responsibility to better prepare your child for middle school. For this reason it will be up to your child to know their homework due dates, as well as test dates.
- Students are expected to do their best on all assignments
- Work should be neat and done with a pencil, unless specified.
- All assignments are due the following morning at first bell, unless specified.
- Expect your child to be doing 30-50 minutes of homework each night.