A Look at Our Week
Week of February 15, 2016
We look forward to seeing you back at school this Wednesday!
Last week during small group we:
- made cards for our friends or family
- decorated bags and exchanged cards
- explored movement with stretchy tubes and marbles
- focused on rhyming by reading "Hop on Pop"
- worked on fine motor by cutting and beading straw necklaces
- made shape pictures by combining various shapes
- worked on writing technique with letter line mazes
- completed a "letter hunt" by finding letters in glitter gel baggies
Some Skills We Worked On Last Week:
- Phonological awareness
- Book knowledge
- Fine motor skills
- Alphabetic knowledge
- Cooperative play
This week during small group we will:
- recreate famous buildings in the block area
- complete a felt board activity with the book "Pete the Cat, I Love My White Shoes"
- explore color and texture through tin foil painting
- work together to recognize and name number symbols while number finger painting