Mrs. Dickau's Classroom News
For the week of February 25
We are eagerly waiting to see the creativity of our classmates. We have many different projects coming in next week. Your child should have finished or nearly finished their book. This week would be the week to be working on their project.
Each child received their individual presentation date today. Please ask you child what day their presentation will be.
NWEA & MCA FOCUS
What's Happening in Math Right Now?
We are deep into fractions and plan to take the Unit 7 test on Friday the 22nd.
Our Goals are:
* Solve "fraction of" problems - 1/4 of 8 or 1/3 of 9
* Finding equivalent fractions - 2/3, 4/6, 8/12
* Comparing Fractions- Who is bigger? 1/4 or 1/10
* Solving multiplication problems like 24 * 36 = n
* Solving division problems like 492/7
What to practice on-line
Unit 5 Week 5
READING, SPELLING & LANGUAGE,
Spelling Core Words Unit 22: ice, ship, themselves, begin, fact
Unit 5 Week 5
Reading Theme: Wild Horses
Reading Vocabulary Words: descendants, sanctuary, glistening, threatened, coaxing, fragile, habitat
Reading Strategy: Context Clues & Monitoring Comprehension
Reading Skills: Cause and Effect
Grammar Skill: Comparing with Good and Bad
Writing Lesson: Scientific Observation
If you receive this Newsletter...
1. Use 3 adjectives to describe our school
2. What is 1/5 of 20?