5th Grade Field Trip Tomorrow!!!
Week of February 25th
Can you believe today is the first day of our 5th six weeks? Stay up to date by reading the newsletter, checking planners, and following Red Oak Elementary on social media.
- Dress Code: Please make sure your student is following dress code daily. Jackets worn indoors, as well as leggings worn under skirts/shorts, must be in dress code.
- Class Dojo is an important form of communication that we use often. Some subject reviews, important class information, and messages are sent through this app/website, so please make sure you are checking it daily.
- Please continue to check your student's planner daily. This is a great resource for communication.
- As the weather continues to be cold over the next couple of months, please make sure your student has a warm jacket for recess. We like to go outside even on cold days.
- SNACK Reminder: Because 5th-grade lunch is not until 12:20, we are allowing 5th graders to bring a HEALTHY snack. The snack must be something they can eat while continuing to work, and the snack must not require a spoon and cannot be messy.
February 26 - 5th Grade Field Trip
March 1 - Read Across America / Dr. Seuss Day
March 4 - Open House
Open House Information for Mrs. Kocian
Subject Content and "I Can" statements
- Making Connections Across All Genres
- I can summarize the main ideas and supporting details in a text in ways that maintain meaning and logical order.
- Please make sure your student is reading every night. In order to increase stamina for the STAAR test, our students need to read at least 20 minutes a day.
- Data Representation
- I can problem solve problems using data from various sources.
- Cycles in the Environment
- I can identify fossils as evidence of organisms and their past environments
- I can identify organisms interaction with living and nonliving elements in their environments
- I can describe the flow of energy through food chains and webs
- Trouble Between the States
- I can explain political, economic, and social changes in the U.S. during the 19th century.
ROE Campus Newsletter
5th Grade Teachers Contact Information and link to teacher web page
Our conference time is 8:00-8:45 daily