Grade Level Meeting: Recap 3/19/15
In only 6 weeks, 82 out of 101 students grew at least 1 level!!! That's 81% of our scholars!!!
Before the SBC there were 20 students at a 5th grade level, and now there are 65! Way to go, fifth grade!!!
Skill Based Centers
- Students like to use them, they are engaged
- Students are motivated to use them, along with SuperSpeed Math
- Rotation with centers
- Students keep each other accountable
- 5D did the SBC during breakfast, 5E during center time
- Paired up higher performing scholars with lower performing scholars to help each other
Next steps & improvements:
Close gap earlier by:
- Begin next school year with administering the screeners for multiplication, division, and decimals, plus the Diagnostic Test
- Timer for the students
- Continuing levels with problem solving
Next steps starting after STAAR:
- Use flashcards or cut the screener for students to quiz each other every other Friday. This will be a progress monitoring for students to move between levels faster.
- Third Friday (6th week) administer screener in small groups.
In the links below you can find the Manual for the Skill Based Centers, as well as the activities related to the Multiplication SBC: