Anaheim Hills Elementary News
Mark Your Calendars
- August 29th - Spirit Wear Store Opens
- September 5th - Labor Day - No School
- September 8 - Picture Day
- September 15 - 7:00 PM
PTA meeting via Zoom - Link below
- October 3rd-7th - Parent Conferences
We had a great first full week back and our gearing up for what will most certainly be a wonderful year! Our Spirit Wear store will be open on August 29th. This is a limited opportunity to purchase scholl attire. We will be celebrating our school spirit weekly on Fridays.
Use the Store Link once our store becomes available.
Appropriate Attire at School from our Handbook
Please discuss appropriate attire and review the handbook guidelines. I am beginning to call parents to discuss the clothing choices of some of our students.
While attending Anaheim Hills Elementary School, all students will ensure:
- No short shorts, belly shirts, spaghetti straps or any attire that distracts from the learning environment.
- Dangling earrings or make-up is not to be worn at school.
- Wear regular school clothes as they were intended to be worn.
- The pants will be the proper size:
Pants and shorts will be worn at the waist with a belt of proper length.
Belt buckles will be free of writing or insignia.
Pants and shorts will fit at the waist. Underwear may not be showing.
Shirts will be the appropriate size.
School clothes will be neat, clean, and free from holes.
Hats may be worn the correct way outside the classroom due to heat and sun.
- Clothing considered “gang or skater” attire including inappropriate or suggestive pictures or words is not allowed.
- Shoes must be closed toe shoes
- Students who are not dressed appropriately will be asked to call home for a change of clothes.
- Students who do not follow the school dress code will be sent to the office. Parents will be called to bring a change of clothes to school. Parents should supervise school-clothing selections for appropriate school attire.
Join our Dad' Club
Join the Dad's Club today!
We are now actively recruiting Dad's to join our Dad's club! The AHES Dad’s Club is a volunteer organization that works to assist students, staff and the PTA of Anaheim Hills Elementary. Ultimately, our goal is to improve the school’s ability to provide a positive learning environment for all students. As much as our school and children benefit from our involvement, we find that the dads get some pretty good benefits from being a part of this club as well. Fun events, like working the school garden, gives each dad an opportunity to work with other dads and to get to know them well, while doing something our kids will benefit from.
Our Dad's club is an amazing group that helps support with projects at the school site.
Past projects include:
- Paving/restriping the parking lot
- Building an equipment closet
- Adding backpack hooks
- Mounting fundraising tiles
- Building school front benches
- Organizing and building shelving in the PTA Container
- Building the friendship garden
- Building a lost and found cart
- Building a backdrop
- Building recess carts
You can see some of the past projects here.
For questions please contact the 2022/2023 School year DADS Club President Jeff Richardson at 714-812-5335 or Jeff.W.Richardson1@gmail.com
Picture Day - September 8th
Picture day approaching quickly!
THIS IS A PREPAY EVENT. PAYMENT DUE ON PICTURE DAY.
Orders placed after picture day may be subject to a $8.50 handling fee. Digital Flier/order form linked here
What is a Room Parent?
A room parent is a volunteer who helps their child's class to support the teacher and the PTA. Room parents help with classroom events and facilitate communication between the teacher and the other parents in the class.
What does a Room Parent do throughout the year?
- Plan and recruit volunteers for classroom support and school events
- Collect money to fund seasonal class party craft supplies and games.
- Coordinate holiday, birthday, year end teacher gift from the class
- Assist AHES PTA during Teacher Appreciation Week activities
- Keep an up-to-date list of contact information for all classroom parents
If you are interested in becoming a Room Parent this year (YAY!), please
provide the information requested below to Sylvia Carrasco-Bustillo at
School Site Council Interest Ballot
We are in need of 3 parents on our school Site Council. These are elected positions that serve a two year term. We will meet a minimum of 4 times over the year. The responsibilities of School Site Council include but are not limited to:
Obtain recommendations for, and review of, the proposed SPSA from all school advisory committees
Develop and approve the SPSA and related expenditures in accordance with all state and federal laws and regulations
Recommend the SPSA and expenditures to the governing board for approval
Provide ongoing review of the implementation of the SPSA with the principal, teachers, and other school staff members
Make modifications to the SPSA whenever the need arises
Submit the modified SPSA for governing board approval whenever a material change (as defined in district governing board policy) is made in planned activities or related expenditures
Annually (and at each semester, trimester, etc.) evaluate the progress made toward school goals to raise the academic achievement of all students
Carry out all other duties assigned to the SSC by the district governing board and by state law
The District Advisory Committee/District English Language Learning Advisory Committee (DAC/DELAC) meets at least 4 times per year as well. One of the 3 parents elected to our SSC should be parent of an English Learner. They will represent our ELAC (English Language Advisory Committee) and will attend DAC/DELAC meetings and provide updates to the SSC.
Volunteer and Visitor Guidance Update
- Volunteers who work more than five hours per week must provide vaccination status, obtain a fingerprint clearance through the Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigations, and submit to a tuberculosis (TB) risk assessment/examination. Volunteers are responsible for all associated costs.
- Volunteers who work less than five hours per week must provide vaccination status. A Megan’s Law registered sex offender check will be completed for volunteers who work less than 5 hours.
- Volunteers are not to start until clearance has been received from Human Resources.
- Volunteers will continue to go through the Informed K12 process. The final step will require volunteers to either upload a vaccination card or agree to weekly testing.
- School staff will NOT monitor volunteer testing nor ask for volunteers for documentation.
Campus Visitors are able to visit OUSD campuses in compliance with Board Policy 1250. All visitors must have pre-arranged their visit with the Superintendent or designee. Visitors to any OUSD site must complete a Visitor COVID Attestation form attesting to either being vaccinated or having received a negative test within the last 72 hours.
If you are interested in volunteering or visiting the campus please contact the school office at 714-997-6169.
OUPSF Makes a Comeback!
Orange Unified Public School Foundation (OUPSF) is a group of parents, educators, and community leaders whose mission is to mobilize the community to provide equitable opportunities for all of our students to learn creatively, think innovatively, and collaborate effectively. They are dedicated to bolstering Orange Unified School District as one of the top school districts in Orange County by augmenting the resources that enrich OUSD students’ school experience and equip them to succeed in their education, career, and life. Please see the video message from OUPSF President Frank Tucker who reviews the OUPSF’s goals. For more information, please visit https://www.oupsf.org/ or visit their table at our school’s Back to School Night.
Parking Lot Improvements
Morning drop off :
- Pull forward past the front office to drop off at the CARES Gate and reduce the wait.
- Do not stop and exit vehicles. This is slowing traffic dramatically.
- Move along after you have dropped off. Do not wait at the curb.
- Arrive before 8:00 to ensure your scholar is on time.
Parents of students in Grades 3-6 arriving early will be asked to pull through the lot and circle back from Serrano. Many are arriving 10-15 minutes early and are causing a traffic delay for our TK-2 parents.
- Grades 3-6 dismiss at 2:30 on M, T, TH & Fri.
- Arrive as close to the listed dismissal as possible for your child's grade level.
- Pull forward past the front office to pick up at the CARES Gate and reduce the wait.
- If you are making a right onto Serrano pull all the way through the lot past the office.
We will continue to monitor the lot and adjust as best we can. Remember this has historically been a significant challenge due to the design of the infrastructure at the site.
Parking Lot Drop Off & Pick up
Please cooperate, be courteous, and keep the safety of all children in mind. They are our highest priority. Please limit student drop off and pickup to the drop off zones marked in red. Do not park and exit your car along the drop off zone (sidewalk) or any other illegally parked area. All students may enter campus starting at 7:45. Plan ahead to avoid the wait.
Field Gate (1st- 6th)
CARES Gate (1st - 6th)
Students in Grades 1-6 may enter campus through the CARES between 7:45 and 8:05.
The Student Symptom tree is available @ https://resources.finalsite.net/images/v1649445317/orangeusdorg/vugfrxllzuangxbikmrr/StudentDecisionTree4-7-22_v9.pdf
Wednesday Brunch - New this Year
Students will no longer receive the Grab N' Go option on Wednesdays. Instead, all students will have a 25 minute sit down brunch. Plan your food choices before sending students to school. Click the picture for the breakfast menu. Here is the link to the lunch menu. https://www.schoolnutritionandfitness.com/index.php?sid=2501081743337031
State Legislation Language
Commencing in SY 2022–23, Education Code (EC) 49501.5 requires public school districts, county offices of education, and charter schools serving students in grades TK–12 to provide two meals free of charge (breakfast and lunch) during each school day to students requesting a meal, regardless of their free or reduced-price meal eligibility. More info can be found at: https://www.cde.ca.gov/ls/nu/sn/cauniversalmeals.asp#:~:text=Commencing%20in%20SY%202022%E2%80%9323,of%20their%20free%20or%20reduced%2D
Check out the latest news on twitter @AHESPRIDE
Updated information regarding district outreach campaigns
AERIES Data Update
AERIES Parent Portal Updates
Welcome to the 2022-2023 school year! As the school year begins, you will have the ability to update emergency contacts, medical information, internet/photo release authorizations; as well as other important information through one simple and easy weblink. Please ensure the information is current and correct. Student class placement (teacher assignment) should be visible on Monday, August 15th in the parent portal.
In order to gain access to AERIES Parent Portal please log into the parent portal: https://aeries.orangeusd.org/parent/LoginParent.aspx
Once you have logged in, go to “Student Info” and select “Data Confirmation” from the drop down menu. You must go through the sub menus and press “Confirm and Continue” (green button) in order to continue to the next sub menu.
Make sure you press, “Finish and Submit” when you reach the final menu. There may be opportunities to submit paperwork via Informed K12. We highly encourage this option when applicable to streamline the enrollment process.
If you need to enroll for school, begin by submitting your information online at: https://www.orangeusd.org/enrollment
PTA Corner- Join us!
PTA Updates - Join us!
Officially become a member@:
Please sign up for the PTA newsletter by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org