THE THORSON WEEKLY
Week of April 11, 2016
EVENTS THIS WEEK
Monday, April 11
- Sped Department Meeting - 7:45 a.m. - Computer Lab
- Jaguar Jumpstart - 8:42 a.m. - Gym
- Read-a-Thon Kick Off 1:30-2:00 - 3rd-5th; 2:00-2:30 - EC-2nd
- PTO Meeting - 7:00 p.m. - Library
Tuesday, April 12
- Combined Grade Level Team Meetings - Gr 3-5 - Computer Lab - 7:45 a.m.
- Angela has an Elementary Principals Meeting at 2:00 p.m.
- Art Teacher Interviews - 3:45-5:15 p.m. - Conference Room
Wednesday, April 13
- Combined Grade Level Team Meetings - Gr K-2- Computer Lab - 7:45 a.m.
- Art Teacher Interviews - 7:45-8:30 a.m. and 3:45-5:15 p.m.
Thursday, April 14
- Angela has a Stritch Principal's Center Board Meeting at 7:30 a.m. in Brookfield
- 1st Grade to RiverEdge from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Angela has DLC from 2:00-5:00 p.m. at District Office
Friday, April 15
- Read-a-Thon Guest Readers
- 2nd Grade Brazil Day - 1:15-2:45 p.m.
- April 18 - 21 - Earth Week
- April 21 - Walking School Bus
- April 22 - NO SCHOOL - PD
- April 26 - 3rd/4th Grade Musical
- April 28 - Muffins with Mom
- April 30 - Father/Daughter Dance
"NUTS AND BOLTS" NOTES
Art Teacher Interviews
We will be doing interviews for the Art Position this Tuesday and Wednesday. The following staff will be joining me on the interview team: Judy Plaster, Karen Buser, and Nicole Kikkert. We will keep you posted on our progress.
Linda Foote will be out on medical leave from April 26 until the end of the school year. We will be getting a sub for her to continue on with the intervention groups that she currently has. We are already in the process of filling this long-term sub position and have a couple of wonderful candidates. We will let you know who the sub will be as soon as we have that confirmed.
Unfortunately, our time with para Kathleen Dart will be shorter than anticipated. Parkview had a para resign, and therefore has an opening. Kathleen will return to her position at Parkview on April 21. Thorson will be hiring to fill this vacancy. The position has been posted. We will keep you updated on our progress. We thank Kathleen for jumping into the position at Thorson. We have enjoyed having her and wish her the best back at Parkview!
Spotlight of the Week
Front Entrance Gets an Upgrade!
As you hopefully noticed, we have brand new doors for our front entrance. The old doors were in bad shape, and a couple would not even shut. A huge thanks goes out to John Koster for making this happen for Thorson. The new doors look wonderful...and they work!