New Tech News
November 10th, 2019
Dates To Know
November 11th: Wear Red, White, and Blue for Veteran's Day
November 20th: New Tech Gives Back (school-wide field trip)
November 21st: Poetry Out Loud @ the Cozby Library at 6:30pm
- November 23rd-December 1st: Off for Thanksgiving
- December 10th: Poetry Slam
- December 10th-December 12th: STAAR retakes for eligible learners
- December 20th: Early Release Day
- December 21st-January 5th: Winter Break
Seen at New Tech
Lee Elementary and NTH@C Selected as Apple Distinguished Schools
New Tech Was in the News!
Parent Volunteers Needed for New Tech Gives Back
New Learners for 2020-2021
Dual Credit Registration for Spring by November 15th
The dual credit registration process for Spring 2020 is changing a little so please read the following information carefully and pay attention to deadlines. ALL FORMS must be turned in by 11/15 at 4pm.
Below are the steps that you need to follow. DO NOT skip any steps:
- Decide whether or not you are taking Dual Credit in the Spring. If yes, then continue. If no, then stop here.
- Determine what course(s) you will take in the Spring. See page 26 in the course guide HERE for approved courses. Go HERE for the North Lake course catalog.
- Go HERE and complete the dual credit interest form for NTH@C
- Print off the attached dual credit packet and follow the listed steps (skip any of the next 3 steps if you have already completed in the past).
- Apply to NL if not already applied
- Set up your eConnect account
- Take the TSI if not exempt (see exemption criteria in packet)
- DO NOT move ahead until ALL of the above completed
- Enrollment form - You MUST include the section number
- Consent to Emergency Treatment form
- FERPA Release and Registration by Proxy
Once all of the above is complete I will turn the forms in to North Lake for registration in your classes. If everything is completed correctly, then you will not have to go to North Lake to register for your class.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Again, ALL FORMS must be turned in by 11/15 at 4pm.
Front Loop Parking Reminder
Senior Ads in the Yearbook
Hello Senior Class and Senior Parents -
Now’s your chance to purchase your senior ad!
A quarter page ad is $80, a half page is $160, and a full page is $300.
Here is the form to reserve your spot:
All money for Senior Ads is due before Winter Break (December 20th)! You can send cash or a check to school with your learner or payment can be accepted in the front office.
Future Testing Accommodation Information
NTH@C College Board and ACT Testing Accommodations
Application Process and Forms
A student with a documented disability may be eligible for accommodations on College Board tests (SAT, SAT Subject Tests, PSAT, and AP exams) and the ACT. The school does not automatically apply for students to receive accommodations, but will assist families once the request is made to begin the process of applying for accommodations if their child is eligible for Section 504 or SPED. Parents should initiate the process by visiting our information page located on the New Tech High Website, under Announcements:
If you have any questions regarding testing accommodations, please contact Ms. Shaikh, Assistant Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org.