LATEST NEWS FLASH
Florence Twp. School District -- April 2023
HAPPY SPRING BREAK!
FROM OUR FAMILY TO YOURS...WE HOPE YOU HAVE AN ENJOYABLE, SAFE &
RESTFUL SPRING BREAK!
WE WILL SEE YOU ALL BACK ON MONDAY, APRIL 17TH!
WHAT'S HAPPENING IN FTSD:
Prepare NOW for Summer!
Pre-register here for our Flashes Fun Summer Camp, open to children currently in grades K-6. It will be held for 8 WEEKS from Tuesday, June 20, 2023, through Friday, August 11, 2023, at Riverfront School from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm. Space is VERY limited! We are only taking a certain amount of campers this year so do not wait until the last minute!
IMPORTANT TO KNOW:
MENTAL HEALTH CHECK IN
Spring Break is usually associated with itineraries, socializing, and traveling — which can wear you out. Maybe what you need is to slow down and decompress by:
- Limiting screen time. Try leaving your phone in the car when you meet a friend for lunch so you can give them your full attention. A small digital detox can pay off big.
- Cleaning out your social media accounts. You may have some social media clutter. Spend some time purging what you no longer find valuable.
- Resting. One word: naps!
- Getting fresh air. There’s something cleansing about being outside, even in the rain or snow.
- Exercising. If you can combine exercise with fresh air, all the better.
- Organizing. As you organize closets and drawers, find things to sell, donate, trade with a friend, or throw away. A break is a perfect time to purge physical clutter, too.
If you or a loved one experience difficult emotions as you slow down during Spring Break, you’re not alone. Contact Care Solace, a complimentary and confidential coordination service provided by Florence Township School District:
- Call 888-515-0595. Multilingual support is available 24/7/365.
- Visit caresolace.com/florence and either search on your own OR click “Book Appointment” for assistance by video chat, email, or phone.
Have a happy Spring Break vacation or staycation!