Weekly Newsletter - October 7, 2019
The Power of Grit!
Your Student Service Team
Positive and Connected Cultures
We have about 15 spots left for the CHAMPS 2 day training. This is classroom management training and strategies for teachers on campuses that have implemented PBIS successfully. The cost is $50.00 for the book and the cost of the sub. Student Services is handling the rest of the expenses. The consultant will be from our Region XI Service Center. Click on dates to have teachers (or yourself) register:
Day 1 October 29th
Day 2 November 12th
Updates and Information
- Here is the link to the PSA and Attestation for threats. This is required for grades 7-12 and for K-6, please view the video and highlight key and age-appropriate reminders to your students.
- Oct. 1st the Transfer Window opened for the Spring of 2020. Please review and have your principal and secretary review the timeline and process on the Student Services Google Site here Transfer Process. Here is the link to the transfer page on our Keller ISD website: Student Transfers.
- Benefit Open Enrollment for the 2020 Benefit Year will begin Monday, October 7, 2019, and end 11 p.m. Sunday, October 20, 2019
- FYI - Stephanie Cantu will be out for a couple of months. We will have subs in her absence who will be answering the calls and helping us out. Just wanted you all to be aware.
- Please review the silent agenda from the AP meeting as soon as you can. AP Agenda
- September 26th - Education Support Webinar recording, powerpoint, and resources.
PEIMS Discipline Resources
All the required ROCK Training PowerPoint have been posted to the Student Services Site under ROCK and training. All teacher, student, and staff training must be completed by Oct. 25, 2019. Click here to access all the pieces of training and the attestation form
Click here to access a great resource for addressing bullying and creating a culture of belonging: Five Things You can do to Prevent Bullying
Joe Baker - Area Director of Student Services X1083
Stephanie Cantu - Student Services Assistant X 1115
Laura Lockhart - Area Director of Student Services X 1105